The Sweetness Of A Dog's Way Home

Good day my friends hope you are all doing well and staying warm on the is blustery cold winter day! And if you are somewhere that it is nov sand warm reading this than I am really envious of you right now because I am currently freezing my ass off in this cold Canadian winter!LOL! So we all made it through Christmas and past New Years. Now comes the time of the year when the movie season deems to slow down a bit for the upcoming awards season at hand! We have gone through the Golden Globes already and now have the big one in sight in a little over a month I believe, I'm not sure I have to check the date again for when the Oscars are. But none the less we are going to be seeing them soon! That being said I mentioned that this is the time of the year when the movie releases seem to slow down a bit it seems. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of decent movies coming out, it's just that it takes a bit of time to get going and Hollywood will usually release one or to big ones over this time and pick up a bit like it has in February ever since Deadpool broke box office records in that month close to 3 years ago. The ones nice thing is that we can always find something to watch at the theatre with a new release weekly. I know I always look to see what is playing every week. Usually I go by myself to the movies, from time to time I go with a few friends. That's the thing about the movies you can always share the stories playing on screen with a friend. And I love sharing my love for movies with my friends who even ask me what is a good movie to see. When I am at home watching a movie I usually watch with my best friend and for those of you are saying awwwwww! How cute you and your wife or girlfriend do that! Hahahahaha! That is too funny seeing as how I am single, lol! Now my best friend is my little dog Shoom. There is no better friend to have than a dog! They are loyal, happy to always see you, don't judge you and love to spend time with you! Where am I going with this you ask? Well straight to my latest movie review of course silly! This week I am taking a look at the family film A Dog's Way Home which stars Ashley Judd(Double Jeopardy) as Terri, Jonah Hauer-King(Ashes In The Snow) as Lucas and Bryce Dallas-Howard(Jurassic World) as the voice of Bella the dog. So lets go on a journey to see just what this movie is all about and than we can take a mother one to find out what I thought of it!





Born under the remains of a partially demolished house a pit bull  puppy named Bella(Dallas-Howard) lives there with her mother, siblings and a mother cat and her kittens that she becomes friends with. Her world is soon changed when an animal control officer takes away her mother, siblings and most of the kittens. She is only saved by the mother cat who begins to raise the young pup like she is one of her own. as she grows bigger she one day meets the person that would be her human. That person being Lucas(Hauer-King) who is trying to save the kittens under the old house from being killed by a greedy housing developer. By chance he meets Bella and she takes an instant liking to him.Lucas figures that a dog is just what his war veteran mother Terri(Judd) needs to help with her depression. So Lucas takes Bella home , but they must keep her hidden from the landlord as they are not supposed to have pets in the house. As Bella grows she learns many new things like that she loves her blanket that smells like Lucas or her Lucas blanket as she calls it and many different games. Bella even got to go to work with Lucas at the Veterans Hospital here he works and where his mother goes for her therapy and Bella becomes close with the patients. But one day after Lucas and his girlfriend Olivia get the housing developers permit pulled for cruelty to animals and a confrontation with Terri he sets a animal control officer on them who is a little too aggressive at his job and in the back pocket of the housing developer. It seems that it is illegal to own a pit bull in the city of Denver and Lucas teaches her the game of Bella go home. Than one day while trying to catch a squirrel Bella gets loose and  forgets the new game she learned. After paying a fine Lucas gets Bella back but if she is seen on the streets again she will be euthanized. With the animal control officer hounding them Lucas and his mother Terri decide to send Bella away to live with relatives of Olivia in New Mexico until they find a new place to live in the Colorado city of Golden. But when they do and Bella hears that she will be going home she thinks it is the game she was supposed to play and begins to run back home from New Mexico to Denver. On her journey she takes care of an orphaned cougar pup, saves a man from an avalanche and lives with a gay couple. But her desire to get back to her human is too strong and continues on which takes her 2 years and 400miles until she is finally reunited with her human Lucas.






Well how does that sound my friends? Yeah it does sound kind of sweet! It for the most part wasn't a bad movie. It is a nice movie to take the kids to or if you are a dog owner. The kind of movie that would be nice as a family outing. It was cute and sweet. The dialogue was a bit cheesy and some of the story seemed rushed. The performances in the movie were pretty average but not too bad. It had a good dose of heart that pulled at your emotional heart strings. The strongest thing in this movie was the characters and they were well written and developed. The movie was interesting and nice change of pace from other movies that are out right now. That being said it did have a few parts where it did drag a bit. But the movie kept my interest. This movie is going to get a 6.5 on the Justin Scale Of Movies. While it was sweet and heartfelt it was just missing a thing or two to make it better. That is why I going to put it on my  Flick-It list of movies to wait to see until it gets out of theatres. That as they say in tinsel town is a wrap my friends! Until next time remember to keep that popcorn freshly popped and save me a good seat because I will be seeing again at the movies!

Comments