Watching The "Skyfall"

Good day my friends well just like James Bonds absence from the screen I too am back to write a new movie review. So here is my first review in over a monthly review of the 23rd Bond movie Skyfall which stars Daniel Craig ( Cowboys & Aliens) as James Bond, Judy Dench( Mrs.Brown) as M and Javier Bardem ( No Country For Old Men) as Silva. Now it has been 4 years since we have seen the dashing MI6 agent known for his Vodka martinis, his wit and his beautiful Bond girls. Lets take a look at what he has been up to lately with his latest adventure as we ride with the most famous action hero to grace the silver screen for 50 years.


When Bond( Craig) is sent to retrieve a hard drive that contains the identities of British agents in who are undercover in terrorist organizations. But as Bond is in pursuit of the man who stole it the two brawl on the top of a train and Bond is shot by a fellow agent named Eve who had the two in her crosshairs but did not want to take the shot because she would hit Bond but was ordered to do anyway by M ( Dench). With the hard drive lost, Bond being thought dead after being shot and falling into a river, the British government is upset with MI6 for the loss of the list especially M. Being told that she will be allowed to retire she refuses until this matter is resolved. On her way back to MI6 headquarters to work on the matter at hand there is an explosion at MI6. Bond not dead but just laying low learns of the what has happened back in London and returns from the dead. Upon Bonds return and after a physical to see if he is fit to return to action M gives Bond the task of tracking down whoever did this and take them down. After digging deep for information of who is behind the attack on MI6 Bond discovers it is a man named Silva( Bardem) an agent from M's past who has it in for her and has carefully laid out his plan in order to kill M.


Now what can I say about this latest instalment from the Bond franchise but , WOW, what a great movie quite possibly one of the most well put together movies. Director Sam Mendes(American Beauty) did an fantastic job with this movie in Bonds return to the screen for the first time in 4 years.Daniel Craig once again did a great job as 007 and is a treat to watch on screen as he brings a sort of edginess to the character. Javier Bardem who played the villain Silva was great to watch as well and brought us unique new type of Bond villain and Judy Dench as always was showed us just how tough a woman in charge can be . What I liked most about this latest Bond movie was that the look into Bonds past as well and the introduction of two well known Bond characters as well, a lll in all this movie was treat to watch.

Well time has come to see what I rate this movie so without further ado here you go, so when it comes to the movie Skyfall I would have to give it a 8.5 on the Justin Scale of movies for its smart story, good acting and just a well put together movie. With that said it only means one thing and that is that this movie is a "Pick-It" and I fully recommend you see this movie. It is the kind of movie you would want to see over and over again.

 The time has now come for me to call it a wrap on this latest movie review my friends so as always Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Night I will see you all again at the movies.

Comments

  1. Why not give a higher mark on your scale, I really enjoyed this movie. I really like the fact that it looks into Bond's past because fans, who have only watched the movies and not read the books of the series, now know the names of Bond's parents. I'm still debating whether to put Skyfall at the top, as my number one best bond film of all time! I think I will be sacrilegious and say that Daniel Craig was born to play Bond, next to Sean Connery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To answer your question I only rate movies on a scale from 1 to 10 and the mark I gave it was still sufficiently high according to my comments about the movie as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you do lol! I just thought you could have given it a 9, although 8.5 is definitely good lol!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment