Glass Shatters All Expectations

Good day my friends! No you are not seeing things and I have not lost my mind! It's just that sometimes I like to do something crazy like give you more than one movie review in a week. or there are some movies that I just can't wait to see and review for you. Yup I am a a little zany that way my friends. But you should know that by now my friends,lol. But these are all things you have seen from me before.....so you should be well used to this if you have been following me for a while. In the past people have asked me did I go to school to learn how to write or was it just something I could naturally do! Well you could say that writing and my knack for storytelling is like my superpower and it is the coolest superpower to have because there is a quote by Steve Jobs that says,"The most powerful person in the world is the storyteller", cool hey? It doesn't say that a powerful person is an athlete because we always see that, a politician or a businessperson. No! It's the storyteller! The storyteller creates tales & characters that can make us laugh and smile to forget our troubles. They can make us think and cry to help others tell their stories and raise social awareness. So you see the writer is a superhero so I guess that makes me one. Like any superhero I had to learn how to develop my abilities through lots of practice and a little learning. But they said in the movie Spiderman,"With great power comes great responsibility!" And if you are using your gift to hurt others than you become the polar opposite.... the super villain. And you don't have to be a writer to be a storyteller, you can be a singer/songwriter, painter/artist to tell the story you want to tell. And there are those out there that don't want any of these things to exist and that is sad which makes them the biggest villain! Where am I going with my little story here? Well the answer is quite simple and if you are a regular reader than you should know by know it is my way of leading you into the movie we are reviewing! The writers good old friend of building tension till the climax. So without further ado I shall tell you the movie we are looking at! That movie being the ending piece in the trilogy started back in 1999 with Unbreakable, carried on with Split and now the final pice the movie Glass. The movie stars Bruce Willis(Die Hard) as David Dunn/the Overseer , James McAvoy(X-Men Days Of Future Past) as Kevin Wendell Crumb aka The Horde, Sarah Paulson(Oceans 8) as Dr.Ellie Staple and Samuel L. Jackson(The Avengers) as Elijah Price/Mr.Glass. So lets see the conclusion to M.Night Shyamalan's trilogy and find out how it all goes and see if you should go!





Ever since the events of Unbreakable former security guard David Dunn(Willis) has been running a home security company by day with his son Joseph(Spencer Treat Clark) and roams the streets at night helping people and stopping crime. His son also helps him out there by being the guy on the mic in his ear and on the computer to assist if need be. Lately he has been going out for walks to find the elusive serial killer Kevin Wendell Crumb(McAvoy) a man with 24 different personalities one being the all powerful beast and is known as The Horde. The Horde has been on the loose since the events at the Philadelphia Zoo in Split leaving bodies in its wake. And this time The Horde has kidnapped 4 teenage girls and David is determined to find him before he kills them. But the police are hot on David's trail wanting to stop his his vigilantism and bring him in. David persists and does end up finding The Horde and rescues the girls. In the battle with the persona known as The Beast they are both captured by police and sent to a mental institution run by Dr.Ellie Staple(Paulson) who specializes in a particular type of mental conditioning which people think they are superheroes or villains. She also knows all about them and how to keep them subdued. In this same hospital is evil genius Elijah Price(Jackson) who has been locked up in there since David captured him in Unbreakable drugged up to keep him aware but not able to use his IQ to escape. Dr.Staple uses her sessions with them to try and convince them that they are not superhuman but just regular people with a mental disability from suffering a past trauma. All the while Davids son tries to convince her that he is not crazy, Casey Cooke the girl who survived The Beast in Split believes Kevin can be saved and brought to the light and Elijah's mother believes that while what he did was horrible that he still is a good person. The three patients resist but just when it seems that Dr.Staple has Kevin and David almost convinced Elijah sets his master plan in motion. Elijah makes a deal with The Beast to team up and escape to show the world that they exist by a showdown with David at the opening of the tallest building in Philadelphia. But before Elijah and The Horde can escape, Elijah motivates David enough to believe in who he really is and break down the steel door to his cell. And a final showdown battle is fought , not in the place where Elijah had said but on the front entrance to the mental hospital with an ending that you have to see to believe that is not like what you would expect.





Well does that not sound so good? That's what I thought you would say! Yes it does and if you don't think so well I'm sorry and I do understand that not every movie is for every person. If you saw this movie and though it was good than you probably saw what I saw when I watched it and if it wasn't what you expected than hey you are entitled to your opinion too! But I refuse to get nasty in a movie review, that is not my style. As someone who has read up and studied the art of movie writing I can tell you that this was very well crafted story to conclude the final piece of this trilogy. It had all the pieces, the characters we know and the new ones. A nice build up to the climax, some great character backstories and the beautiful plot twists that made you think one thing and than just when you had it figured out it threw you for a loop. The movie had great visual representations in the scenes particularly in the colours used in certain scene locations to show moods and in a small way tie to one of the characters. The performances in it were great particularly James McAvoy who was switching from each one of his characters 24 personalities which totally blew me away. This is a movie I would totally see a second time! Glass totally shattered all my expectations and blew me away, that is why I am giving it a 7.8 on The Justin Scale Of Movies and putting it on my Pick-It List of movies to see in the theatre right now. As they say in Hollywood,"That is a wrap!" Yup it's a wrap on my latest movie review my friends. But I will be back again next week , maybe even sooner for another movie review.  Until that time though remember to save me a good seat and keep that popcorn freshly popped because I will be seeing you again at the movies!

Comments