In The Ring With Creed 2

Good day my friends! Hope you are all doing well! You know today was a very busy day for me! I am feeling so exhausted after a long day at work. It almost feels like I ran an entire marathon plus a half one! It also feels like I went 13 rounds in the ring as my body and my mind just feel so worn, sore and exhausted barely able to lift my arms and move my legs. But I summoned up enough strength and mental capacity to sit here and write my latest review for you all. There is a quiet determination in us all that keeps us going when  we want to give up! There were times in my past where either fear of getting out of my comfort zone or just some plain laziness kept me from just living in general in the past. I used to run away from opportunities and relationships with the fear that it would interfere in the life I had going on! But over the past few years I have broken out of my shell in a big way and have experienced new things, tried new things and met new people. Now I'm not perfect but I always have kept trying and not giving up as easily like I used to. Some times we need beaks! Yes! We are only human and need to take breathers.I have many times writing this blog taken breaks but always got back to doing it! But we can't stay in that comfort zone! We need to take chances! Chances at new experiences, try new things, maybe if we you are single call or text that person who you think maybe is not who you would normally go out with especially if they are willing to encourage you and not give up on you. But what do I know about dating? I'm still single. The only thing I know is that if that person leaves you speechless but you still can't wait to talk to them each day than that is something worth trying for.. They could be your soulmate. Like I said I don't know much about relationships, but movies, thats where I got your back. It's what I know and one of my many passions. So to get back on track this week get back into the ring as we take a look at  the sequel to 2015's highly successful sports drama Creed as most recently Creed 2 starring Michael B. Jordan(Black Panther) as Adonis Creed, Tessa Thompson(Thor: Ragnarok) as Bianca,Phylicia Rashad(The Cosby Show) as Marry Anne Creed, Dolph Lundgren( The Expendables) as Ivan Drago and of course Sylvester Stallone(Rocky) as Rocky Balboa. So lets take a look at this sequel to see if it can pack a punch and go the distance.





In Kyiv, Ukraine former Russian heavyweight boxer Ivan Drago(Lundgren) has been living with his son Viktor who has become quite the powerhouse boxer himself while working at a local factory ever since his mother left him and his father. Ever since loosing to Rocky(Stallone), Ivan Drago has been pretty much lost everything with only having son and a chance at redemption. But he is about to get it when an american boxing promoter informs him that Adonis Creed(Jordan)the son of the man that Ivan killed in the ring over 30 years ago has just won the world heavyweight title it presents them with the perfect chance for the Drago's to get some respect back. It also is a dream match too for the have the two son's fight one another. So they go to Philadelphia to announce their desire to challenge the new champ for a match. Adonis enjoying being the new champ and getting engaged to his longtime girlfriend Bianca(Thompson) see's the challenge on the television and wants his chance to rewrite history and avenge his father. But Rocky will not train him as he has too many emotional scars from his battle with Drago and also the fear that Donnie will end up like his father. Adonis goes and gets his fathers former trainer's son to train him. But getting badly beaten up and escaping with his title because Drago got disqualified he is also left with emotional scars of his own. While healing from his injuries he is also soon to become a father. As he is fully healed he must defend his title or it gets vacated but he is scared to after the beating he took. Mary Anne contacts Rocky to help him who comes and repairs the strained relationship they had after Rocky refused to help Adonis. With Viktor Drago being the number one contender they schedule a rematch in Russia and train to help counter the punching power of Viktor. Training with such determination Adonis steps into the ring as now he has more to fight for other than just a legacy but his new family, his wife and baby daughter who was born with the same hearing condition as her mother. Punch by punch the two men battle until only one was left standing.






So what do you think? Yeah I know i ask this question every time! So I guess I will tell you all what I thought of it!  This movie was fantastic from beginning to end with a pretty good story co-written by Stallone and Juel Taylor. The performances were also right on par with the first. It had a nice flow and good tension that built up to the climax of the film. This movie had the feel of the first two Rocky movies. There was not much here that I could find wrong with this movie. It really was well done and can't find anything wrong with it. It had it all, a great story, perfect screenplay, good acting and that feeling you only would get from a Rocky movie. But now it's a Creed movie! That is why I am giving this movie a 8.1 on The Justin Scale Of Movies and putting it on my Pick-It List of movies to see in the theatre. So there you have it my friends! My review! As they say in Hollywood, that's a wrap!!!! Until next time keep that popcorn freshly popped and save me a good seat because I will be seeing you again at the movies!

Comments