A Star Is Born Shines Bright!

Good day my friends! Hope you are all have had a great weekend! Me mine has been okay for the most part. I have seemed to catch a case of the blues it seems. I am not going to get into details on why I do because this is a movie review and not someplace to dish out all my petty little problems. Those I can handle myself or talk to a good friend about if need be. But I have always found though that no matter how bad of a mood I may be in I always have a solution for times like these! And that is to just sit down, clear my head and watch a good movie to forget whatever may be bothering me. It usually seems to work and I recommend it to most people I know. But enough with that rambling here! It is time to get going with the special long weekend movie review. This past weekend there were two big releases that came in to the theatres recently. So I figured I would give you them both! One now and the other at my usual time later o in the week on Wednesday.The first one I am reviewing is the highly acclaimed romantic/drama A Star Is Born. This is the fourth time this movie has been re-made over the years with the first coming out in 1937. This latest version of the movie stars Bradley Cooper ( The Hangover) as Jackson Maine who also made his directorial debut with this movie. It also stars singer/actress Lady Gaga ( American Horror Story) as Ally and Sam Elliott(Roadhouse) as Bobby. So let us take a look at this latest version of A Star Is Born and see how brightly it shines!





In the music industry singer Jackson Maine( Cooper) is one of the top performers. He plays to sell out crowds at stadiums and seems to have it all. Fame, fortune and the opportunity to do what he loves for a living. But that is what we see on the outside. On the inside Jackson feels empty inside and fills that void everyday with booze and pills, especially when he is performing. His older brother Bobby(Elliott) is his road manager and takes care of him on and off the stage. Than one night after a performance Jackson stops in at a bar where he see's Ally (Gaga) perform. Ally is a talented singer/songwriter that has just about given up on her dream. Jackson and Ally spend the night talking, learning all about one another. To which Jack invites her to come to his next performance. Hesitant at first Ally eventually changes her mind and it is at that concert that Jack convinces her to come on stage with him and sing a song she wrote which makes her an online sensation. Ally stays on as one of Jacksons band members and all that time on the road their relationship and love for each other grows. But the one thing that Jackson cannot control is his drinking which continues to get worst. Soon enough Ally gets a shot at a solo career and it takes off. While this is happening Jacksons career is winding down thanks to his own personal demons which starts to take a toll on Jack's and Ally's marriage. They still stay loyal to each other and Ally refuses to give up on Jack who after  embarrassing Ally at the Grammy's decides to get help for his addiction. But just when it seems he has turned things around and the two might have a happy ending Jack's personal demons are just too much for him and he gives into them one last time.






Sorry my friends I should have mentioned that there would have been a few spoiler alerts before I started my synopsis. Oh well! But I bet you still want to see this movie. I know I want to see this movie again! Yes it was that good my friends. Every once in while you come across a movie that is so well done that you can't help but watch it over and over again. Usually you find movies like that come out around this time of year when fall sets in and the Oscar race starts. This movie seemed to have it all! It had a moving story that made you think, made you laugh a bit and made you cry! It had characters that you could relate with in some way shape or form. The movie was perfectly directed by first time director Bradley Cooper. What do you say about the performances here in this movie? All I can say is wow!! Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga put up two great performances here on the big screen. They had great chemistry and brought to life the characters of Jackson and Ally that left you speechless when the credits started rolling. I would not be surprised if they both picked up Oscars at the upcoming Academy Awards in 2019. This movie is that good! No wait... it is not good! It was fucking fantastic. I fully recommend seeing this movie it goes straight to the top of my Pick-It List of movies to see at the theatre and I am giving it a 8.9 on The Justin Scale Of Movies. Well my friends it is that time for me to call it a wrap on my latest review but remember to stay tuned later on this week for my next review. But until than keep that popcorn freshly popped and save me a good seat because I will be seeing you again at the movies!

Comments