Crazy Rich Asians Gives You Your Moneys Worth!

Good day my friends! No you are not seeing things! It is Sunday and I have another movie review for you all. From time to time many of you who have been following me for a long time know that there will usually be a time when I surprise you all with more than one movie review in a week. This doesn't happen very often but as of late I seem to be doing it more and more! What can I say I like surprises and I also love movies. But if me writing reviews on here for the past 6 years and 11 months has proven anything, it's that I love the movies. I love movies from many different genres and decades. While I have many other interests in my life, my love for the movies is always my main thing. And the movies too over the years have insured me, made me laugh, think and cry! They have also surprised me with some great motion pictures over the years. Many times I have said that a great movie can make you feel a multiple range of emotions and transport you to another place to give you a break from reality for a little while. With so much reality around us, its nice to have that break! For me the best way to get over a bad day is to grab a few movies from my dvd shelf and watch them, it cures all! A feel good movie from one of your favourite genres is just what the doctor ordered. So what movie am I reviewing to kick of the month of September? Well that movie is the one that so many people have been talking about and I just finally got around to see it, the movie Crazy Rich Asians. This movie based on the global bestseller is directed by Jon M. Chu and stars Constance Wu(Fresh Off The Boat) as Rachel Chu, Henry Golding( A Simple Favour) as Nick Young,Gemma Chan(Transformers The Last Knight) as Astrid Young Teo and Michelle Yeoh(Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) as Eleanor Young. So lets take a look at this global phenomenon, shall we?





Chinese-American economics professor Rachel Chu(Wu) has lived in New York all her life. Daughter to a single mother who immigrated to America and raised her all on her own. She is about to take a trip with her longtime boyfriend Nick Young(Golding) to Singapore for his best friends wedding that he is best man in. Excited about visiting Asia for the first time but also very nervous to meet Nicks family for the first time. Always having thought Nick was a simple man she soon finds out that he is from one of Singapore's oldest and most wealthy families and the most sought-after bachelors. A commoner among the social elite Rachel finds it hard to become accepted in Nick's world being labelled a gold digger by the single women vying for Nick's attention. And is met with contempt and mistrust from Nick's mother Eleanor who wants to break them as she see's Rachel as nothing more than a foreigner who doesn't live up to what she wants for her son. Rachel finds support from her college roommate who lives in Singapore and few of Nick's cousins to help her navigate through all these speed bumps. But when Eleanor digs up some secrets about Rachel's parentage, putting hers and Nick's relationship in jeopardy. With Nick still wanting to be with Rachel but Rachel not wanting to come between Nick and his family will love conquer all?





Now from what I summarized how do you think it sounds? Yeah I think it sounds pretty good too! Hope fully thats what you are thinking too,lol! But seriously this was a really well put together movie. Having never read the book at all, so I had nothing to expect when I saw the movie last night. It was sweet, funny and romantic. The movie hit on so many levels with a stellar cast bringing to life this story with humour and heart. It had a great story, fantastic scenery which makes me want to see Singapore now! It was great from beginning to end! One of the best romantic comedies I have seen in ages, the type of movie you would want to see over and over again. This movie was also groundbreaking as it had the first ever all Asian cast in a major Hollywood motion picture. This movie surprised me with how well done it was, leaving you wanting to see it again. This was like no other romantic comedy I have ever seen. That is why I am giving Crazy Rich Asians a 7.9 on The Justin Scale Of Movies and putting it on my Pick-It List of movies to see in the theatre. Well that is a wrap for me on this latest movie review my friends. I really hope you enjoy reading them as much as I do writing them for you. Make sure to tell all your friends about me! But remember to keep that popcorn freshly popped and save me a good seat because I will be seeing you again at the movies.

Comments