Back for Justice With The Equalizer 2

Good day my friends! What have you been up to lately? Have you been doing anything fun and exciting with your summer? Did you go out and enjoy any festivals & events that might be going on where you live? Are you doing any travelling? Going to the lake? Or just relaxing enjoying your yard? Whatever you have been doing the most important thing for you to do though is spend whatever time making memories with your family and friends! For myself I have been spending as much time with family and friends as possible. Also I have been doing a lot of running and am hoping to be able to run another half marathon in the very near future! But that’s a different story here for a different time and place! What else have I been doing you ask? Well I have been doing what I do best and that is go to the movies to give you new reviews. Sometimes I go with friends but for the most part I go on my own! But maybe just maybe in the future I will have someone come along with me 🙂 There is nothing better than friends! They are an extension of our immediate family. The right friends will always be there for us. To lift us up when we fall, to encourage us to do our best, to lend a helping hand and comfort us when we are hurt. Over my 40 years on this planet I have had many friends. Some have stayed and some have gone serving their purpose in our lives. As well I have seen from the world around me when good friends have become a couple. Whatever role your friends play in your life one thing is for sure and that is that they are the greatest gift we are given. The supporting role in our movie of life. Why am I talking so much about this? Well when I do my synopsis you will see! But first lets get to my movie review which is The Equalizer 2! The follow up to the hit movie from 2014. This movie stars Denzel Washington(Fences) again as former government agent Robert McCall in the first sequel that Washington has ever done in his long film career. It also stars Pedro Pascal(Kingsmen: The Golden Circle) as Dave York, Ashton Sanders(Moonlight) as Miles Whitaker and Melissa Leo( The Fighter) as Susan Plummer. Lets take a look and see if this sequel measures up to the original!







In the city of Boston former government agent Robert McCall uses the skills he has acquired from his former life to help the exploited and oppressed. Whether it be travelling to Turkey to bring back a kidnapped daughter from her abusive father and reunite her with her mother. Or it getting an illegal recording from a group of men who drugged and took advantage of a young woman. Or redirecting a young artist from joining a gang and making him believe in himself. He offers these people a choice to do the right thing before he resorts to using his combat skills to dispense his own brand of justice. Most times these people he is going after choose option B and end up getting beat down by McCall. He keeps himself low key driving for an Uber service called Lyft where he meets all sorts of people. Robert is also one book away from finishing the 100 greatest novels that everyone should read. But when his best friend Susan Plummer is killed in Belgium while investigating the murder of a government operative and his wife, Robert starts to do his own investigation to find out who is responsible. To do this he must return to a life a reveal to some former agency operatives that he is still alive including his former partner Dave York. The more Robert digs into the case the more he becomes a target for those trying to cover their tracks and silence Robert. What Robert finds is that those he once thought were his friends in his past are the ones trying to kill him and who killed Susan. This leads to McCall to go home again and dispense his own brand of justice on those who killed his friend.





So how does that sound? Hopefully I didn't give away too much about the movie to still make you want to see it if you so choose! Not very often will you get a sequel stand up to par with the original. But in this case what you had here was another fine effort from director Antoine Fuqua who also directed the first movie. He has worked now with Denzel Washington on 4 movies. And the two of them together always put out a fine motion picture! The plot was well written and interesting giving us more of a look into the character of Robert McCall. The characters were relatable and believable. The tension was built perfectly leading to the climax of the film. There were some fine performances' put in here bring these characters to life on the big screen. Washington was as always at his best as per usual. And I wouldn't expect anything less from him! He could spend two hours in front of the camera talking about proper care for your teeth and come out with an Oscar nomination! All in all a pretty great movie! It was fully worth the price of admission and I am giving it a 7.3 on The Justin Scale Of Movies which lands it a spot on my Pick-It List of movies to see at the theatre. There you go my friends! That's a wrap on this latest movie review! As per usual, I ask you all to go out and enjoy the hard work of the people who work behind the scenes on the movies and see one in the theatre. Don't download and stare at a computer screen or your phone. Go out and spend some time at the theatre if you want to look at a screen. Now that I said that I must ask you one more thing. And that is to keep that popcorn freshly popped and save me a good seat because I will be seeing you at the movies! 

Comments