The Legend Of Sandow

Good day my friends and a happy Saturday! Hope you are all enjoying your weekends far! No, you aren't seeing things! And yes you are correct I am here to give you another movie review this week! Those of you that have been reading my blog for a while know that I don't always do more than one review a week! But than there are those times that I like to throw in an extra review here and there! Doesn't happen very often, but I do try to give a little more for you my loyal viewers to read! It has been almost seven years since I started writing my reviews here for you. And as time as has went by I have tried to stay as consistent as I could, with the there being a few times that I took long breaks from writing. I have changed the design of he page tried different types of posts other than just reviews. But in the end it all comes back to what the bread and butter is about this blog that being my reviews. As I have been writing this blog over the years  I have also developed a little loyal following and have even been given some nice complements by those who have read it by either searching for movie reviews online or who have seen me promote it on my social media pages. It is through social media that I have been given suggestions by readers and followers from time to time on what I should watch and review. That is where I got the suggestion for my latest review! And for a review I did back on November 17,2017. That review I did was for a movie called Parallel that was produced by Alexander Cooper based in the UK. Well Mr.Cooper messaged me recently and asked me if I would like to review his latest movie as he enjoyed my previous review. This time Alexander Cooper not only acts and produces his latest movie but also co-wrote it and directed it. That movie being the sport/drama look at the father of modern bodybuilding Eugen Sandow in the film Sandow. The film stars Alexander Cooper as Launceston Elliot, Janine Nerissa(The Krays) as Lillian Russell, Tiffany-Ellen Robinson(Manhunt) as Blanche Brookes Sandow and Timo Kervinen(The Marshall Of Finland) as Sandow. Let's take another trip back in time to take a look at the life Eugen Sandow.

As a boy young Eugen had big dreams! he dreamt of one day being so great that there would be statues made to honour him just like the ones he saw with his father as a child. Not the biggest of kids but still very determined he was often told by his father to stop dreaming and being so foolish. That he would never amount to much. This only made young Eugen more determined to make something of himself. And at the age of 15 he left home and joined a travelling circus where he was given the opportunity to become the new strongman for the show. Being rigorously trained by another perfomer he eventually became a star attraction. This lead to his lifelong commitment to bodybuilding and determination to be the success that his father never said he would be. A well know performer around Europe in strength competitions and wrestling matches he gained worldwide notoriety when he toured with famed promoter Ziegfield. This is what Launceston Elliot found out about the legendary man when he asked him for his help in training for the first olympic games. Elliot became a lifelong friend of Sandow and narrates the story for us. He tells us about his intense commitment to his craft, his obsession with being famous, the numerous women who threw themselves at him. But of all those women there was only one woman he loved more than one night and that was his wife Blanche. She loved despite his obsession and numerous affairs. It was for her and his daughters that he quit touring and opened his gyms. Through good times and bad, Sandow kept going up until the day he died.

Now I have given you a taste here and hopefully didn't give up too many details spoiling the movie for you. I have to say that as a reviewer it is nice when you can find some nice little pictures. this movie I found to be interesting with a great dialogue and intriguing story. A decent first effort for Alexander Coopers directorial debut.The performances given here were believable and well done. As a movie buff one of my favourite type of movies is films based on real life. All the ones I have seen have been from from bigger studios or smaller studios that you could catch in the theatre. This one though you won't find in a theatre though! You can find this movie to watch on Vimeo or Amazon. It was released just recently. All in all a pretty decent movie, with a great story that was lead into nicely by the narration voice over effect leading us into scenes that told us different aspects of Sandows life by character Launceston Elliot who was played by Alexander Cooper. For Sandow I going to be giving this picture a 7.4 on The Justin Scale Of Movies and putting it on my Pick-It List of movies to check out. Well that's a wrap here for me my friends on my latest review! As always remember to support filmmakers and those who help make them by paying to see a movie and not illegally downloading them. Please remember to save me a good seat and keep that popcorn freshly popped because I will be seeing you again at the movies!

Comments