The Consequences Of Being A Bad Samaritan

Good day my friends! It's your favourite time of the week! Yes it is movie review day! I know, I know! You anxiously await for me to post my latest review,haha! I sure am modest hey? Sorry, I am in a bit of a playful and sarcastic mood lately. It must be all that sunshine that we have been getting here lately. Yup, all that vitamin D can sure energize you and make you feel so positive and full of life. But it seems that this has usually been part of my character for as long as I can remember. I choose to be as positive of a person as I can be! But that doesn't mean that I don't have my moments when I get frustrated or a little angry. But when I am like that I choose to channel that energy into something positive. Where am I going with this you ask? This is not a movie review! It sounds a lot more like a self confidence or motivational seminar. Well it'd not, some don't worry and just hang in there and keep reading. I will get to my point here in a second. The point is that in life just as in the movies we all have different characteristics. It is where the writers get their ideas for the characters that they create. Some are good, some are bad! They are flawed and conflicted but that is what makes them so interesting. A well written character can make or break a movie. And when it comes to a thriller it needs to be spot on and so does the story of course. I know I like a good thriller and this week we are taking a look at the new thriller to hit theatres Bad Samaritan which stars Kerry Condon(Three Billboards Outside Of Ebbing, Missouri) as Katie, David Tennant(Fright Night 2011) as Cale Erendreich and Robert Sheehan(Geostorm) as Sean Falco. So let us take a look at this latest release to see if can scare us in the theatre or scare us away from seeing it!






Sean is talented photographer and struggling artist. He would rather take the pictures he wants than to take a corporate job. To make money on the side he works as a valet parking cars with his friend Derek. But that is just a cover for what they really do. When the right person comes along they check the onboard navigation computer in the car to find out where their home is and rob that persons place. But they only take small stuff to not make it so obvious and draw suspicion. But when Cale gives his car for them to park he is their perfect mark, super rich, arrogant and a world class jerk. Sean takes the car back to Cale's home to rob it only to find a woman being held captive and signs that Cale fully intends to kill her! With no time to rescue her he informs the police who after investigation don't believe him and than the FBI who do start to look into it. What Sean soon finds out though is that Cale knows who he is and that he has become the target of Cale's sick plan or revenge against him for finding out his secret. Every aspect of Sean's life is affected, his relationship with his girlfriend, his family and his close friend. As the FBI start to believe what he reported about Cale to be true. Sean decides to confront this monster and not only save his life, the lives of the ones he loves and the life of the young woman still being held captive by Cale before it is too late!






So what do you think my friends? Does it sound like something that you might be interested in seeing? Are you on the fence still? Well, let me be the one who helps you decide if you want to see it or not! Firstly I have to say that I thought that this movie had a nice idea for the story line. It was original and it did borrow a bit from other movies with those committing home robberies to be valets. But hey if it works than use it! The movie started off good but than seemed to lose focus a bit and than it reached the climax and ended. I liked parts of this movie, it seemed to hold my attention. But I just felt it was missing something. The characters seemed to be a touch underdeveloped. And I felt that while David Tennant played a pretty decent psychopath the character could have been developed more. The climax was strong but the ending needed to be a touch better. All in all a middle of the road type of thriller with some thrills and chills but not an overly strong movie. That is why I am giving this movie a 6.3 on The Justin Scale of Movies and putting it on my Flick-It Pile of movies to wait to see out of the theatre. That's a wrap here for my latest review my friends. As always remember to not illegally download movies and go enjoy the theatre experience to help support the hard working people who take tons of time out of their lives to create the movies that we love. With that being said it is time for me to go, so remember to keep that popcorn freshly popped and save me a good seat because I will be seeing you at the movies! 

Comments