Love,Simon Steals Our Hearts

Good day my friends! How have things been with you? Good I hope! Well it seems we have reached the end...... No it's not the end of my blog posts1 had you worried didn't I? No the end we have reached is the end of March as this is the last review of the month. It has been a fair month for movies I would have to say. Some good and some bad but if I were to rate the overall quality of movies that I have seen this month I would say that they have average. I say that because the fact that I have only seen 4 to judge from. But there have been others that I have not seen yet! But from what I read from other reviewers that were consistent in saying that there were some poor movies made that were released this month. Now you are saying they can't be all that bad Justin? And how can you say that when you haven't seen the rest of the movies released. Well that's true they all can't be that bad. But when other reviewers agree with one another I am inclined to believe that they are. That being said I was hoping to end this month on a high note with a good movie. Now the movie I am reviewing this week has gotten a lot of positive reviews and that movie is Love, Simon. This movie stars Nick Robinson(Jurassic World) as Simon, Jennifer Garner(Juno) as Emily and Josh Duhamel(Transformers) as Jack. So lets take a look at what the movie is about and than I will give you my take on it!






Simon seems to have it all, his parents were high school sweethearts the captain of the football team and the pretty valedictorian who didn't peak in high school and carried their high school success into their adult lives. He has a little sister that he gets along great with and supports her dream of being a chef. All in all a pretty great home life with a supportive and loving family. He has three good friends he cares about and is about to graduate this year. But Simon has a secret that he has kept from all those he cares about. You see Simon is gay and is having a hard time in wanting to tell his friends and family. But after another boy at his school anonymously comes out as being gay on a local chat site but is struggling to publicly come out. In this boy who calls himself Blue Simon finally finds someone he can relate to. Simon starts exchanging e-mails with Blue and falls in love with him. Simon tries to figure out who Blue is all the while keeping his secret from his friends and family. But when a classmate named Martin finds his e-mails on a school computer he blackmails Simon to help him ask out Simon's friend Abby or he will release the pictures he took of the e-mails with his phone. Much to his dismay he does but when things don't work out as Martin hopes who is embarrassed in public after being rejected by Abby in front of the entire school. To deflect all the ridicule from him Martin outs Simon online causing tension between Simon and his friends who he lied to while trying to keep his secret from being exposed by Martin. Also Blue afraid of being found out cuts communication with Simon. After some soul searching and a discussion with his parents who are very accepting of his coming out he sets out to make things right with his friends and finally find Blue to have the love story he always wanted.





So after seeing this movie I have to be honest was one of the better movies that I have seen this month. It had heart and humour to go along with this serious story line. It was a modern day coming of age story about acceptance, love and strength. The story was well written and kept my interest. There were even parts that had me misty eyed as we all could feel what the characters were feeling. There were some good performances here but the only problem I had was with Nick Robinson as Simon. Don't get me wrong I thought he did a fine job but I think he was a little one dimensional and someone else could have been done better. But all in all a good movie which ends fulfills my hopes of ending the month of March on high note. So I am giving Love, Simon a 7.9 on the Justin Scale of Movies and putting it on my Pick-It List of movies to see at the theatre. Well that's a wrap here for my latest movie review my friends. Until next week remember to keep that popcorn freshly popped and save me a good seat because I will be seeing you again at the movies! 

Comments