Not Just Your Ordinary Everyday Game Night

Good day my friends! Hope you are all doing well this fine day! Sorry, I am a little giddy, why you ask? Well that question is easy for me to answer! You see we have reached the end of February. But it is not that thing that I am excited about. Well that's a lie, I am a little excited because we are reaching spring and summer is not far behind bringing warmer weather, longer days, more time spent outdoors and of course the thing I look forward to most the summer movies. But for me any time of the year is great for movies! No the reason that I am excited is because this Sunday is the 90th Academy Awards. Yes! This is my Superbowl and I intend to watch and see who brigs home the awards in one of the strongest list of Oscar Nominees since well...2016. Not gonna lie I have my favourites and have even entered a pick the winners contest at the movie theatre. Hoping I win as would like to get that grand prize! Guess you could say that i have a competitive nature in me. You would never know it with my calm demeanour and am humble, but I have been known to get quite competitive when need be. From trivia games, the marathon races I have entered or playing a computer game. Now we all can't say that we don't have a bit of a competitive streak in us! It's what drives us to try our best. Oops! I kind of went on a tangent here! Or did I? As you know I always find a way to lead into my latest movie review. Well this week is no different than others. And if you can't guess which movie I am reviewing this week or haven't read the title of the article than I will tell you that this week we are reviewing the comedy Game Night which stars Jason Bateman(Identity Thief) as Max, Rachel McAdams( Spotlight) as Annie  and Kyle Chandler(Argo) as Brooks. So let us all gather and take a look at this latest movie from the writers of Horrible Bosses and Spiderman: Homecoming.





Since they met Max(Bateman) and Annie(McAdams) have always been very competitive in fact that is how they first met at a trivia night in a pub. And ever since then they have always been the most fierce team at the game nights that they and their group of friends get together for regularly. Max even proposed to Annie at a game night while doing charades. But as much as they love their game night Max and Annie have also been trying to start a family of their own with no luck. After their doctor's appointment they go back home to prepare for their latest game night but first they must avoid their really odd and creepy next door neighbour Gary a policeman and ex-husband to a friend of theirs who used to come to game night. This night though it is a little different because Max's successful brother Brooks(Chandler) is in town and coming. Max has never been able to beat Brooks at anything always getting thrown off his game when Brooks is around and intimidated by his success. After this game night is over Brooks suggests that they have the next one at his place that he is renting for a more amped up game night. Upon arriving at Brooks' place they find out that the game night is a fake kidnapping mystery game that they must solve. The game changes when real kidnappers take Brooks while the rest of the people their think it is all part of the game. As each pair of couples try to win the game they all quickly find out that the kidnapping was real and that Brooks is not who he says he was. They all band together to solve this real life mystery and try to save Brooks' life.





Well how does that sound? Good right? Now I couldn't give too much away about the movie but just give you a taste! Firstly let me tell you that this movie was a nice change of pace from what we have seen this past month. This movie had an original story and I loved the idea of how something as simple as a game night was turned into a real life mystery with the price of winning was someones life being saved. This was perhaps one of the most original movie scripts that I have seen in a comedy. The acting of Jason Bateman and his own unique style and demeanour he brings on screen with comedy was perfect and really brought the character of Max to life. Rachel McAdams was a lot of fun to watch in this movie and has shown that she is not just suited for dramatic roles as she was simply funny and yet sweet at the same time. A perfectly assembled cast here made this movie fun to watch along with a well written script and some great laughs just perfectly timed helped make this the perfect comedy. That is why I am giving Game Night a 7.6 on The Justin Scale Of Movies and making it my latest addition to the Pick-It List of movies to see at the theatre. Well that is a wrap for my latest movie review my friends. Until next time keep that popcorn freshly popped and save me a good seat because I will be seeing you next time at the movies!

Comments