When You See Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Good day my friends, now I know it's a little late it seems for my movie review but better late than never I always say! But you have to give me a break here, I was getting over one hell of a cold that I caught! It seemed that it just didn't want to go away and it was getting really frustrating! But it finally left my system for good yesterday which meant no more cold pills that made me drowsy and unable to form an actual thought. You see I need all my mental capacities to give you the best possible review I can. It makes me more creative and informative. But at least I could watch a bunch of movies and get some much needed rest! With a treat for you this week because before this week is up I am going to be giving you two new reviews, one tonight and one tomorrow. So I am not going to waste much more time here and get straight to it giving you he first movie review. Tonight we are looking at one of the most talked about movies this past year. A movie has won multiple awards so far this year and at the Golden Globes was the big winner. If you haven't guessed what movie I am talking about than I will tell you! That movie is Three Billboards Outside Outside Ebbing, Missouri a dark comic crime drama from Academy Award nominee Martin McDonagh(In Bruges) and stars Frances McDormand(Fargo) as Mildred, Woody Harrelson(The People vs Larry Flint) as Chief Willoughby and Sam Rockwell(Ironman 2) as Dixon. So sit back, relax and I will give you a brief synopsis of what this movie is all about!






It has been 7 months since Mildred Hayes's (McDormand) daughter was raped and murdered not far from her home by one of three billboards. Frustrated that there have been no leads in the case she decides to light a fire under the local sheriffs office and rents out those same three billboards where her daughters body was found that also lead into town. With a controversial message on them directed at William Willoughby(Harrelson) the towns revered sheriff asking why there have been no arrests in the past 7 months since her daughter was raped while dying. The billboards quickly garner much attention from the towns people thinking it was the wrong thing to do to such good man as Willoughby who is also dying of cancer. With most of the town against her for her bold action and the  hot headed officer Jason Dixon(Rockwell) an immature mother's boy with a short fuse and penchant for violence especially against African American's looking for a way to arrest Mildred. But when Willoughby's illness becomes too much for him he takes his own life leaving many towns people blaming Mildred for his suicide. Dixon goes off the deep end and assaults the local town advertiser who own the billboards and ends up getting fired by the new Chief. Eventually after Mildred tries to burn down the police station and Dixon while reading a final letter Willoughby left for him gets badly burned while escaping the blaze trying to save the case file of Mildred's daughters murder. Seeing a chance to redeem himself and be the policeman that Willoughby knew he was Dixon tries to solve the  7 month old murder case and give some sense of relief to a weary Mildred.






Now I only gave you a taste of what this movie is about, I didn't want to tell you too much! If I did it would ruin it for you and you might not want to see it than. But let me tell you this movie was one of the most well written and acted movies that I have seen all year! This movie had such unique, interesting and strange characters that were both simple and complex. The backgrounds of these characters made them so much more interesting up there on the big screen. Than you add the strong performances of Frances McDormand who was exceptional in her role as Mildred. It was one of her strongest performances since Fargo. You felt for her character and yet her character also made you laugh with her bold in your face sarcastic comments. And Sam Rockwell also put in a great and memorable performance here! His portrayal of Dixon is one that words can't describe and will also make it one of the most memorable movie characters of all time. All in all this movie was fantastic! An emotional crime drama that had you not only crying a bit but laughing also at it's dark humour. I can see what all the hype was about and this movie deserved all the praise it is getting and the awards it has earned. And I foresee that it could win quite a few Oscars at this years Academy Awards. Well there you have it I guess you can tell I have made Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri one of my Pick-It movies to see at the theatre and I am going to be giving it a 8.5 on The Justin Scale Of Movies. In fact I making it a must see movie! That is a wrap here for me my friends! But check back tomorrow evening for the second review i promised you, what will it be? I can't tell you that! Guess you will just have to wait and see! Until next time keep that popcorn freshly popped and save me a good seat because I will see you again at the movies!

Comments