Making A Movie With The Disaster Artist

Good day my friends! It seems that the weeks are just flying by with Christmas just 12 days away! Kind of exciting! Makes you feel like a kid again! As a kid I often dreamed of doing many things when I grew up. I remember telling my parents that I wanted to and in no particular order a lawyer, businessman, hockey player, teacher, chef, politician and the pope. Well as you can guess I never really did any of those things. Some of those things were just childhood wonders with what I saw on television. They made it look so cool! Little did I know that my talents and imagination would lead me down a different path in life as I now pursue my dreams of being a screenplay writer. I was always good at making up stories as a kid and had a vivid imagination and as I grew older those stories never really left me, they just were waiting for me to bring them to life one day through my words. For some they know immediately what they want to be in there life right from the start. But there are some like me that don’t figure it out till later in life, you just need the right motivation to do it. What better thing to be though than a story teller creating characters and scenarios that people will be entertained by. That brings me to our latest movie review. A comedic biography/drama that has been getting rave reviews and has even been nominated for a few awards already. That movie I am talking about is The Disaster Artist which stars James Franco( Spiderman) as Tommy Wiseau and his little brother Dave Franco(21 Jump Street) as Greg Sestero. So let us sit back, relax and have a few laughs while we look at this true life story about the worst movie ever made.






Greg Sestero(Dave Franco) is an aspiring actor living in San Francisco taking acting classes but is kind of shy. Than he meets the weird and mysterious Tommy Wiseau(James Franco) a fellow acting student whose passion for the craft interests Greg and he asks him to do a scene with him. Tommy encourages Greg to be more expressive in his acting and fearless. The two men form a unique friendship filled with Tommy’s eccentricities one being that Greg not ask him anything about him. Tommy only tells Greg that he is from New Orleans. Eventually Tommy convinces Greg to move to L.A with him to make their dreams of veing professional actors come true. To Greg’s surprise he finds that Tommy has an apartment in L.A as well as the one he has in San Francisco. They go out on the town beating the streets getting agents, looking for acting jobs. Greg has a little more luck with finding an agent than Tommy. Months and years go by with Greg and Tommy both not getting many jobs with Tommy even being told by a producer that it will never happen for him. They decide that they should make their own movie. So Tommy sets out and begins to write his own movie and a year or two goes by and he finally has it finished and wants Greg to star in the movie he wrote called The Room. Tommy’s mysteriousness and weird tendencies show up even more as they start to make their movie from buying the camera equipment himself and paying a full crew spending millions of dollars that no one knows where he had on this movie. The shoot starts off well as the other actors film their scenes, but it is when Tommy starts to film his scenes that the movie starts to take longer and even frustrate the cast and crew with Tommy not remembering his lines or showing the wrong emotion in his scene to not showing up on time to film. The movie takes longer to film than expected, taking it’s toll on everyone. When Greg gets a chance at a small role on a major television show and asks to delay shooting a critical scene for one day Tommy refuses and tells Greg it is up to him to which Greg chooses the movie over the television role much to the disapproval of his girlfriend. This is a turning point and Greg does not speak to Tommy for a while and just wants to forget about this whole movie. But when he see’s ad’s for the movie and an invitation to the premiere he ignores it at first but Tommy convinces him to come. What he see’s at the premiere is a jumbled mess of crazy scenes with bad acting. Yet though the movie is essentially bad the crowd in the theatre find it so hilarious because it is so bad. The two men realize that while the movie may be bad they did succeed in making one and entertaining people.






Now what do you think? Sounds pretty good right? Well you have to see it for yourself my friends! I have to say that this movie about the worst movie ever made was one of the best movies that I have seen this fall. It has everything you look for in a good movie a good and interesting story, interesting characters and a few laughs. This movies story was fantastically written and is so hardtop believe that this stuff actually happened it is so crazy! The characters too! Especially the character of Tommy and James Franco played him beautifully giving us tons of laughter to entertain us. And lastly there was more than the share of laughter here in this movie. Plain and simple I loved this movie! It is hard to genuinely find a good funny movie let alone a funny movie based on real life. That is why I am giving this movie a 8.3 on The Justin Scale Of Movies and placing it right on the top of my Pick-It List of movies to see in the theatre right now. Seriously go out and see it you won’t be disappointed! It is a true gem of a movie. So I guess that’s a wrap here for my latest movie review. Until next time, keep that popcorn freshly popped and save me a good seat because I will be seeing you at the movies!

Comments