IT Comes To The Big Screen

Good day my friends! How are you? Well I hope. Was thinking the other day about some of the big decisions I have made in my life. And I have noticed that there were times that I made some of my decisions based on fear alone.  I think we have all been in that position at one point or another where we were scared about the future. But fear is just a monster that keeps us from achieving our goals, it cripples us from becoming what we are truly meant to be. It is when we stand up to fear and kill that monster that hurts us we get stronger and are able to do it again when it comes back around. That being said it brings to mind the movie that we are reviewing this week. Yes my little motivational rant there on fear was not just to help inspire you but to lead you into this weeks movie review. This week we are looking at the big screen version of one of  Steven King's most terrifying novels IT! Yes IT has finally made it to the big screen 27 years after the television movie IT debuted in 1990. So let us sit very still and see if IT can still scare us after all these years.





The town of Derry, Maine has a dark and horrible secret and a past filled with blood, death and mysterious disappearances. In the town it is the kids that are disappearing with their remains sometimes being found. When Bill Denbrough's little brother Georgie becomes one of the missing children. Bill becomes determined to find out what happened to his little brother and in the summer of 1989 Bill and his six friends known as "The Losers Club" start to look into the towns past. What they find is that every 27 years kids in the town disappear for a year and are never heard from again and their remains are sometimes found. But theses kids also find that the town is home to a shape-shifting demonic entity that takes the form of a clown known as Pennywise(Bill Skarsgard) that uses your own personal fears against you. After they all have terrifying encounters with the evil clown and one of their friends is taken by Pennywise. The Losers Club takes it upon themselves to fight their fears and save their friend and kill Pennywise to stop his reign of terror on them and the town of Derry.





So I have to say after seeing the trailers for this I was very excited to see this movie! I know as a movie reviewer I am not supposed to show any biased for a movie but I just love the movies so much that it is hard not to get excited about a certain movie. And it was hard not to for this one here. I remember watching the TV version of IT 27 years ago and it scared me. Kind of didn't like clowns after that for a while. But when I heard about the big screen version being made I had to see it to see how it was. Now I have to admit this here because in the past I have been criticized by some for not reading the book and I have to admit that I didn't read this book either. But as I have said in the past this is a movie review and not a book review and I am here to talk about the movie. That being said I found this movie to entertaining. IT was nothing like I expected. I was expecting it to be a bit more dark and scary. But it still did do the job to give you some frights and if clowns didn't creep you out than this movie might do it for you as actor Bill Skarsgard did a great job as the demonic shape shifting clown. The movie had a nice light-hearted tone in the relationship between the kids in The Loser's Club. With the many sarcastic, smart-ass remarks from the characters it helped to build up their relationship as friends and a nice way of distracting the audience for a bit before giving them a scare. There was a nice mix of horror, suspense, drama and a little comedy in this movie. If this is what the makers of the movie were shooting for than they accomplished it. I enjoyed the story and how the build up to the climax of the film. My only criticism is that some of the Pennywise scenes could have been a tad more scarier. But in the long run what was done was effective and I am giving this movie a 8.0 on The Justin Scale Of Movies and giving it a spot on my Pick-It List of movies to see at the theatres. That is a wrap my friends here on my end for this latest movie review. Until next time keep that popcorn freshly popped and save me a good seat because I will see you next time at the movies.

Comments