American Assassin Takes It's Shot

Good day my friends hope you are all doing well. man it seems I ask you that all the time but hey it's my way of starting out and making my blog more welcoming and friendly. Anyways back to business here! you know I was thinking recently about some of the mistakes I have made in my past. Now I know you shouldn't live in the past and live with regret and that is true but it is also a reminder to not make the same mistake again. We all make mistakes because after all we are human. We are flawed and and not perfect as much as we think we are. There are times when we can have all these great things in our life but we do something completely stupid and throw it all away in a moment of weakness, selfishness or just plain fear. But for every down side there is and upside too! On the upside we can pick ourselves up and fix what we have broken and try again to make our lives what we dreamed of. Every journey is full of storms and rough paths and if we can make it through and just try than we can build something great. Now I bet you are wondering what does this have to do with a movie review. Well you see movies teach us this in so many genres and in a lot of cases when I review a movie you can see the mistakes made if it is a bad movie. And then the next time you can see a movie that is really well done. Still confused? Well maybe I am getting a little too deep here. I will just leave it at that and hopefully have not confused you too much! Now where was I? Oh yeah! Our movie review this week we are looking at the action/thriller American Assassin which opened this week and stars Dylan O'Brien( The Maze Runner) as Mitch Rapp and Michael Keaton(Birdman) as Stan Hurley. So let us take a seat and find out what this movie is all about.




After losing his parents in a tragic car accident at the age of fourteen Mitch Rapp(O'Brien) is on vacation with his girlfriend and has just proposed. It is the perfect day, but all the perfection turns to horror as the resort they are at is the victim of a terrorist attack. While he is wounded his fiancee is killed in the attack changing his life forever. He becomes obsessed with finding those involved with the attack and killing them all. While on his search for a revenge he is tracked by the CIA and stopped before he is about to exact some vengeance. He is recruited by the CIA Deputy Director Irene Kennedy as a black ops recruit. He is assigned to a veteran in this field Stan Hurley(Keaton) to be trained. His wild card behaviour worries Stan as it is evident that Mitch is making it all personal and forgetting that by doing that it can lead to mistakes being made. When Russian weapons grade plutonium is stolen by a mercenary known as Ghost, Hurley and his team are sent in to try and stop the completion of other bomb components. What they find is a plot by some high ranking members of the Iranian government  who want to buy this bomb  and use it on Israel.  But Mitch discovers that the man known as Ghost has a connection with Hurley and the CIA. It is up to Mitch to try and stop Ghost before he can reach his objective and a possible nuclear catastrophe.





Now remember why I said earlier about mistakes well now we will revisit it here. This movie for the most part was okay. I say that because, well it was. It was okay and not great! While I didn't mind the movie and it did keep me interested for the most part. It just seemed too predictable at times. The movie started out great it got me interested in the main character. But than I found that there was some holes in the story and which could have been a tad bit better. The dialogue was a bit cheesy and the performances here were a little weak with the exception of Michael Keaton. It could have been worse and was still entertaining. The action scenes were good and the character development was good too! The story while like I said earlier was predictable was okay and obviously kept me interested as I wasn't looking at my watch in hopes that it would end soon. So that was aright spot. Unfortunately for this movie which looked good from the previews it turned out to weak and am going to be giving it a 6.7 on The Justin Scale Of Movies and putting it on my Flick-It pile of movies to wait to see on dvd. That's a wrap here on this latest movie review. Until next time my friends keep that popcorn freshly popped, save me a good seat and I will see you next time at the movies.

Comments