Taking A Ride With Baby Driver

Hello my friends! Hope you are  having a good week so far! Hard to believe that it is already Wednesday already. Man! This week just seems to be flying by so quickly! Seems the weeks just go by quicker and quicker these days. They are becoming a blur it seems that even this past year has been going by really quickly as well! Seems that if I blink here the summer might pass me by and it would be Christmas already. Sheesh! Don't want that to happen to quickly, I have holidays coming up at work and would like to enjoy them.Also when you live in western Canada you don't want the winter to get here yet as it seems to last forever even if there only is 6 months of it! But it seems I have wandered into a different lane here and changed the subject. We were talking about my latest movie review here! In fact I didn't even tell you which movie I was reviewing this time! This time I am reviewing the movie Baby Driver which stars Ansel Elgort as Baby(Fault In Our Stars), Kevin Spacey as Doc(Ameirican Beauty,House Of Cards), Jon Hamm as Buddy(Mad Men,Million Dollar Arm),Lily James as Debora(Cinderella) and Jamie Foxx as Bats(Ray).So lets take a speed filled ride with this all star cast from the comfort of our movie seat!



Baby is one of the best getaway drivers in the business tearing up the streets of Atlanta. He drives with great precision and can make any wild move on the road to help make daring escapes all the while listing to music on his I-Pod to drown out a hum in his ear drum sustained from a childhood accident. he doesn't say much and is a man of few words. This talent for driving has him in servitude to a crime boss known as Doc who is known for planning every one one of his robberies very meticulously as  Baby owes a debt to him from a past wronging he did to him. But he is just one more job away from being free of his debt to Doc. Away from his life of crime he makes mixed tapes of voice recordings to synthesized music he creates and has recently made the acquaintance of an attractive young diner waitress named Deborah and eventually starts dating her.Than the day he was waiting for finally arrives as he completes his last job and is free of his debt and to have a life away from being a getaway driver. But Doc coerces him to to come back to work for him by basically threatening the ones that he cares about and a chance to make some big money. But he is paired with some thugs who are too violently unstable to stick to the plan which forces him to take action and do things that he normally wouldn't. In danger and on the run from police and criminals Baby must use all his skills to survive and escape all with the girl he loves by his side and the best tracks playing in his ears.





So when I first saw the trailer for this movie I was a little skeptical but still thought that hey! This movie looks kind of interesting and seems to have a pretty good cast and an interesting plot. The movie got some great reviews by those who had seen it and seemed to have a lot of hype around it. Than last night I finally went and saw it and let let me tell you that all the hype was warranted! This movie had an original movie idea mixed with a pretty good soundtrack to go along with it. The characters were outrageous and interesting with a good mix of personalities all performed by some great actors. The story was fun and exciting with nice mix of humour in it. It flowed very nicely and didn't seem to lose your attention. I have to say that in a season where you see a lot of sequels this movie was a something nice and different with still that little bit of something most summer movies have. I am giving this movie a 8.3 on The Justin Scale Of Movies which puts it on my Pick-It List of movies to see in the theatre. The movie fires on all cylinders and is worth the price of admission! Now that does it for me here as it is time to call it a wrap on this latest movie review. Until next time my friends remember to keep that popcorn freshly popped and I will save you a seat right beside me at the theatre and I will see you next time at the movies.

Comments