Gru And His Crew Are Back In Despicable Me 3

Good day my friends! To all my American viewers I wish you a happy 4th of July! Well I guess you might be wondering why I am doing a review this early in the week? And you might not even be thinking that! But if you were asking that it is because this weekend had a few movies released that I wanted to see and review, so I thought that I would spread it out a bit and see them throughout the week and on the weekend. You know sometimes life can throw you a surprise here and there making things interesting and keeping us on our toes so that we are challenged and that our lives don't seem so monotonous. Those surprises can often and usually do change us for the better  to help us when we think that things are aren't going great. But all surprises good and bad do have a lasting effect that takes us on a path to our future destiny. And while I don't have a surprise for you! What I do have for you is a review of one of three movies released into theatres this weekend. The one I chose to review for you is the latest movie in the Despicable Me family titled Despicable Me 3. Lets sit back and relax and see what Gru, Lucy, his girls and the minions have been up to since we last saw them.




It has been a little while since Gru and Lucy got married. Both still work for the anti-villian league fighting crime. Lucy is still trying to get the hang of being a mom to Gru's girl's Margo,Edith and Agnes. When villain and former 80's child star Balthazar Bratt tries to steal the worlds largest diamond he is stopped by Gru and Lucy but manages to escape being captured. This leads to Gru and Lucy being fired for yet again not being able to capture him. With no job things get worse for Gru as the minions quit wanting him to go back to being villain. But just when things seem to have hit rock bottom for him he is hit with a big surprise and finds out that he has a long lost twin brother who happens to be very wealthy. So Gru and his family go to meet him and he surprised to meet his overly cheerful brother Dru who reveals to him that his family has a long history of being villains and that their late father was a world famous villain. Dru wants Gru to get back into the family business, to team up and show him how to be great villain. But Gru under the guise of agreeing to be a villain again uses it to steal back the worlds largest diamond from Balthazar Bratt that Bratt recently stole after Gru was fired and get his and Lucy's jobs back. Gru and Dru manage to steal the diamond but Bratt steals it back and kidnaps Gru's girls. So with the help of Lucy, his brother and the minions who had a change of heart set out to save the girl's and stop Bratt before he can accomplish his big plan to destroy Hollywood.





So does this sound good to you? Sounds pretty decent to me! But while I didn't mind the movie I had a few issues with it!  The movie it seems wasn't as funny as the previous two were. Looks like they tried too hard to be funny and while there were some funny parts in it this one was a little weak. I didn't mind the villain of Balthazar Bratt for the most part his being stuck in the 1980's persona kind of reminded me of a friend of mine. But for the most part he came off as kind of annoying. Adding a twin brother worked for the met part but they could have done a little more to make the relationship even more hilarious even though it did have its moments. And the hilarity of the loveable minions wasn't like we have seen in the past which is what it seems everyone who enjoys these movies waits for. All in in all it was a weak third outing for this franchise but it still had its moments which made it enjoyable. Having said that I am giving this movie a 6.7 on the Justin Scale Of Movies. Despite its weaknesses it just makes it above the bar to put it on my Pick-It List of movies to see at the theatre. This is a wrap for my latest review and I will see you in few days so keep that popcorn popped and save me a seat and I will see again at the movies.

Comments