The Story Of Megan Leavey

Good day my friends hope you all have had a great week so far! And as I write this today I notice that the seasons have changed from spring to summer. Yes it is now officially summer and with the first official day of summer also comes the longest day of the year. It makes you think you know on a day like today of summers past, where we have been, where we are going. You know we all try and say that we have no regrets but that is a lie! We are human, of course we have regrets it's all apart of life. For me personally I often feel that I don't fit in as I am sure that most of you have at one point or another. But it takes someone special to make you feel that you do! You see that special someone can inspire you to be more than you ever thought that you were. To achieve things that you never thought you could. Man I have rambled on here but I had to here to lead into what our latest movie review is! And this week we are taking a look at the biographical drama Megan Leavey which stars Kate Mara(House Of Cards). Let us take a seat and hear all about this movie.




Megan Leavey had always felt like she didn't fit in. She wasn't great with people and after her best friend died she felt even more lost. And after losing her job she decided to make a change she enlisted in the marines. After a bit of a rocky start she found what she wanted to work with the K-9 bomb detection unit. She stayed motivated and worked hard to get the proper qualifications to be able to be considered for a spot in that unit. After a little while she was finally given a dog to work with a dog named Rex that had the reputation as being one of the more aggressive dogs they had. But they quickly developed a bond and it wasn't long until they were both deployed to Iraq. After many successful missions they were both injured in a targeted bomb blast while searching for explosives along a road. They still managed to finish their mission and were eventually reunited after they both healed to train again back in the USA. Megan decides that she seeing as her tour was done that she was not going to re-enlist and she wanted to adopt Rex. But he was deemed unadoptable and was re-assigned to another marine and shipped back over seas. Feeling lost again without Rex she decides to find a way to adopt him and give him a home.






Now I know I don't say this too often when I get to this part of my review but this was such a good movie especially if you are a dog owner. This movie had a great story and it flowed nicely keeping me engaged in what was going on up on the screen. Kate Mara did a good job in the lead role, the movie also had some really strong supporting characters. This movie seemed to fire on all cylinders and I have to say that there were at times that I had some tears in my eyes. This was the type of movie that one could really connect with when it comes to the feeling of finding your place in this crazy world and for anyone who has ever had a strong connection with a pet. Having said this I am giving this movie a 7.5 on The Justin Scale Of Movies and am putting it on my Pick-It list of movies to check out at the theatre. A real different kind of movie to see in the summer that is packed with superheroes. Well this movie is a superhero movie, real life superheroes that put their lives on the line   to protect others. Well that is a wrap here for my latest movie review! Until next time my friends keep that popcorn freshly popped and I will see you next week at the movies.

Comments