Working For The Circle

Hello my friends! No your not imagining things, I am back for another week with a fresh movie review. Yup I am not taking a break from things I am fully focused and intent on giving a what you came here for! This week we are here to take a look at the last movie to be released at the end of April before we are kicked into full gear mode for the summer movie season and the last movie that the late Bill Paxton appeared in. The movie I am talking about my friends is the Drama/Thriller/Sci-Fi The Circle which stars two time Oscar winner Tom Hanks (Forrest Gump,Philadelphia) and Emma Watson (Beauty And The Beast,Harry Potter Franchise). So let us take a look at what happens when you work for The Circle shall we!

Mae Holland(Watson) lands her dream job at the powerful and largest tech and social media company known as the Circle owned by it's seemingly charismatic owner Eamon Bailey(Hanks). As she settles in she slowly starts to settle into the company and which takes up most of her life not just professionally but socially as well. As she starts to rise through the ranks in the company she is eventually proposed an offer by the Bailey to be viewed by people 24/7 online. This experiment pushes of her personal freedom, privacy and ethics.The participation in this experiment and every decision she makes begins to affect the lives of her family, her friends and eventually the personal freedom of humanity as the tech company want to be able to make everyones lives privacy very public.


Now while I did like the idea of where the plot of this movie was trying to go here with how much technology has invaded our everyday lives/privacy and how humanity seems to be living life online. The story seemed to have a few holes in it. It didn't seem to build up the conflict with the antagonist that being the tech company and its owner until a little later in the movie. Also as much as I like and respect Tom Hanks, I just thought his character needed a little something more as the main antagonist. And lastly the movie's ending needed to be better, I felt it was rushed and somewhat weak. All in all I am giving this movie a 5.3 on the Justin Scale of movies and having to put it the flick-it pile of movies to avoid spending your money on at the theatres. You would be better served waiting till it it came out on dvd to watch it.  Well that does it my friends for another movie review, time to call it a wrap on this weeks review and I will see you next time at the movies.

Comments