I Gifted You A New Movie Review After Close To A Year Of Being Away

Well hello again everyone! Yes I know what a surprise! bet you think that I wasn't going to be coming back to do another blog post but a month shy of a year from my last post I figured it was time and besides I did kind of miss doing this. Now I am not going to get into some big long speech as to why I hadn't posted anything in a while but believe me when I say this and that is I needed the time away. But I will tell you that I took the time away to find myself again, to try and work on some other passions of mine and to just relax and to find the joy of writing that I once had. So here I am back and ready to give you a movie review and with my first review back I have selected the movie Gifted that I just saw tonight. A picture that stars Chris Evans who you all probably know as Captain America in the Marvel Cinematic universe. It also stars Mckenna Grace, Octavia Spencer,Jenny Slate and Lindsay Duncan. So without further ado let us take a sneak peek at this touching drama.


For the past six years Frank Adler(Evans) has been raising his child prodigy niece Mary(Grace) in a Florida coastal town ever since his sister committed suicide. They have a nice life together as Frank fixes boat motors and Mary has a one eyed cat named Fred. They are befriended by Franks landlady Roberta(Spencer). Frank decides that Mary needs to be a normal kid and sends her to public school after previously home schooling her. It comes to the attention of her teacher Bonnie(Slate) that Mary is gifted something which Frank already knows as his sister was a genius as well and it took it's toll on her eventually leading to her committing suicide. When the school tells him that he should send Mary to a special school for the gifted and would even find a way to get her a full scholarship to cover the cost he says tells them that the current school is where she needs to be. The school gets in contact with Mary's Grandmother Evelyn(Duncan) who comes to town and thinks that Frank is denying Mary her full potential. The result of this argument between Frank and his mother Evelyn leads to a custody battle for Mary.

Well sounds like a good movie doesn't it? Peeked your curiosity didn't I? It's possible that I just did! This movie was really well written showing the bonds of family and the people we can't live without. It was very heartwarming and sweet, very well acted. Such a different type of role we are seeing Chris Evans in as we are used to seeing him in his Captain America outfit fighting super villains. But he really showed us that he can be more than just an action hero with this fine dramatic performance. The cast in this movie was well chosen all playing their roles perfectly. But the stand out performance would have to go to Mckenna Grace who stole the movie with her performance. She had the right mix of sweetness and sassiness. By time the movie was done she captured your heart and so did this movie. It was such a nice change of pace, had a really good time at this movie as I laughed, cried and smiled. But most of all I left the theatre feeling happy so that is why I am giving this movie a 8.3 on the Justin Scale of movies. This as you know puts it into my Pick-It its of movies to see at the theatre. So what are you waiting for? Go out and see this movie! Don't download it and use the excuse that the theatre is expensive, they have cheap nights. Or that it is too crowded, well that is part of the movie experience to socialize with others. Or that you might not like it! Well that is what I am here for to tell you if it is or not and i already told you it was. Now you have no more excuses! Come on go out and check it out. Well that's it for me friends, time to call it a wrap on this latest movie review until next time happy viewing and I will see you at the movies.

Comments