Learning How To Be Single

Good day my friends,hope you all had a good week and got out to enjoy the nice weather if you had any. You know last week when I wrote my first two blog posts in over two months it actually felt pretty good to be back here. But you must know that I came awfully close to shutting this all down as I was feeling burnt out, that. To which I felt it was all to much for me already and felt that I had also lost my passion for this. Luckily though after speaking with a few friends of mine I just decided to take that small break and regroup. Now after all that I have regrouped and am back here feeling renewed. So this is twice I have explained myself and I am sure that you must be getting tired of it so let me get right to the point that you are here for and that is the weekly movie review. This week we are taking a look at a movie that came out last month right around Valentines Day. The movie being How To Be Single, this movie stars Dakota Johnson(Fifty Shades Of Gray) as Alice, Leslie Mann(This Is 40) as Meg, Rebel Wilson(Pitch Perfect)as Robin and Alison Brie(Get Hard)as Lucy. So let us take a look and see just how we are to be single.

For people like Alice(Johnson),Meg(Mann),Robin(Wilson) and Lucy(Brie) and Tom(Anders Holm)and David(Damon Wayans Jr there is a wrong way to be single and a right way. They all live in New York City, and in a city full of single people looking for that right one. Whether it is a love connection, a random hookup or something in between. Somewhere between the  flirty text messages, one night stands all these singles learn how to be single in the world where the definitions of love are always evolving.

Now this movie looked interesting from the previews and after seeing it I have to say it was different. It wasn't quite as funny as I thought it would be. While it did have it's moments, I as a single person did find it full of cliche's that I already knew about. was basically like watching a movie about a few of my friends. So I guess you could say it was sort of relatable. Now I did like the premise of the story but felt it needed to be a little bit stronger. The characters were believable and could relate to some of the movie. But in the end it just seemed to be missing that certain something that puts it over the top. So I am going to give this movie a 6.4 on The Justin Scale Of Movies which just puts it one point under the mark to make it a Pick-It movie. Sorry it just missed a few things and while I did enjoy it I just feel it wasn't overly strong and put it on the Flick-It pile of movies to wait to see. And that is a wrap my friends! Be sure to check back here next week for a fresh movie review.

Comments