Walking The Walk

Good day my friends I hope you all and a great week since the last time I was on here. Did you do anything fun & exciting? Did you accomplish a goal or lifelong dream? Did you overcome a great fear? Visit with family and friends? Or did you just simply just have a nice quiet and relaxing weekend? Well whatever you have done this past week I am sure it is exactly what you had wanted to do, the thing you had your heart set on doing. Me I had some fun and excitement, continued on my journey to accomplish the goal of my lifelong goal to write not just about other movies but to try and write my own. It' s not easy but I am determined to finish it and try and write a little each day. I visited with family and friends as well and of course I took some time to just relax. But in anything that we all do in life in pursuit of  our dreams there is always two things present and that is fear, the fear of failure. But what is stronger than that is hope and belief, the belief that what we can do anything if we just give it our all and try. Even when others doubt us and say we can't do it! It is when we accomplish these dreams of ours that we truly feel a  sense of relief and peace.




Now If you are wondering what any of my ramblings has to do with my latest movie review than you must be new to reading these and don't know my deep and interconnecting introductions.You see this week we are taking a look at the latest movie from writer/director Robert Zemeckis(Flight) called The Walk which stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt(The Dark Knight Rises) as Phillipe Petit. This movie is based on a true story when in 1974 a high-wire artist named Phillipe Petit(Levitt) from Paris, France sets out to accomplish his greatest feat and walk the void between the the twin towers of the World Trade Center. Having always looked for a place to hang his wire and walk, he made this his goal and dream after seeing a story about the construction of the two 110 story buildings. So with a small group of people he recruits to help him and some careful planning he sets out to accomplish the greatest and most daring high-wire walk of all time.





So I have to say that after I saw the preview for this movie I thought that this is a movie I needed to go and see. It was first of all based on a true story and looked pretty good from the previews. But if it is one thing that I have learned from reviewing movies all these years it is that sometimes the previews can be deceiving. Although there are times when the previews are not deceiving and the movie is good. Now what category does this movie fall into? It happens to fall into the category of not deceiving. It was in fact an exceptionally well done movie. The story was really well told and had seemed to have a good script and director Robert Zemeckis does a great job of telling this story on the big screen. Actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt puts in a good performance in this movie showing why he has become one of the top actors in Hollywood these days.The thing I liked was how the twin towers of The World Trade Centre were recreated with computer technology. And how this movie detailed in first person how Petit accomplished this task. When they did the high-wire walk it was almost like you were there with Petit on that wire. A truly remarkable movie in my opinion and I give it a 8.0 on The Justin Scale Of Movies and put it on my Pick-It list of movies to see in the theatre. That is a wrap here for this latest movie review my friends. Until next time Good morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing, I will see you all at the movies.

Comments