The Martian has Landed

Good day my friends I hope you have had a good week since the last time I wrote a review.
Seems like a life time away doesn't it? A week,  a day, a month, a year or 30 years. Sometimes we look back and say to ourselves, I wish I could go back and live it all over again or why on earth did I do such a stupid thing. But whatever the time frame our good and bad memories come from they all have a purpose and they all teach us something. Their purpose and the lesson that is taught to us is this and that is to use the gifts we are given to make our now better. To never give up because while we may have many good memories in our past, we have many more yet to come. And while there have been bad times in our lives it is up to us to learn from those things to make things better. But most of and it is the most important thing of all. That is to never give up and to stay positive because as a wise person once said "positive things happen to positive people."




Well I guess that is a pretty good lead in to tonights movie review! Tonight we look at the latest movie from director Ridley Scott(Gladiator) called The Martian. This movie stars Matt Damon( Good Will Hunting) as Mark Watney, Jessica Chastain(The Help) as Melissa Lewis and Kristen Wiig(Bridesmaids) as Annie Montrose. This movie sports quite the impressive supporting cast with Sean Bean, Jeff Daniels,Kate Mara,Michael Pena,Chiwetel Ejiofor, and Sebastian Stan. The movie is based on the book by Andy Weir. Now I have to admit right off the start here that I have not read this book at all. But that did not stop me from wanting to see this movie my friends.So let us take a quick look at what it is all about , shall we?



On a manned mission to Mars the time there is cut short for the astronauts as a bad storm on the planets surface forces them to abandon their mission and come back to Earth. While in their attempts to evacuate astronaut Mark Watney(Damon) is struck by a piece of flying debris and presumed dead. But Watney has survived and alone he now must find a way to survive longer on the planet than what was originally planned for by NASA. With a limited food supply until the next mission arrives in 4 years, the eventual possibility of running out of oxygen. Mark must use his wit, spirit and ingenuity to re-establish contact with NASA and survive long enough for them to send help and rescue him.



Now I must say my friends that I found this movie to be entertaining, it was fun to watch, had a great story. The cast was all superb and put in excellent performances. Plus you also learned a bit from watching this movie.I really enjoyed the this movies story of who the human spirit can force us to survive when it seems like there is no hope. And to never give up on your self or others. what I liked was Matt Damon's sense of humour in this movie which made it quite entertaining keeping his character a little light hearted even in the face of overwhelming odds. All in all a really good movie from start to finish and deserves a place in my Pick-It pile of movies to see in the theatre with a rating of a 8.5 on The Justin Scale Of Movies. Well I guess that is a wrap here for this weeks movie review my friends. until next time Good Morning,Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing. I will see you all again next time at the movies.

Comments