Attending Black Mass


Hello there my friends, hope all is well with everyone. Been a little over a week since I wrote one of these. Was fighting off a bit of a bug still last week and figured I better get a lot of rest and come back to you with a good movie review all fresh and healthy. And let me tell you that I am back feeling great! Now I know last time I wrote a review for you all I tried something a little different in not using my usual format and trying a different one instead. Well if you don't mind I might just try and attempt a little of both. Now I have had a pretty interesting past few weeks since I last wrote full of ups and downs. but more up than down. I have seen witnessed hate and confronted some evil in my lifetime and let me tell you it is much scarier in person than in fiction. But I have also seen lots of good too which eventually makes things alright. It's all about balance cause what goes up most eventually come down and what was wrong is eventually righted. 



This if you guessed it was the lead in to this weeks movie review which happens to be the crime biopic Black Mass. this movie stars Johnny Depp(Pirates Of The Caribbean) as infamous crime boss James "Whitey" Bulger, Joel Edgerton( Exodus:Gods And Kings) as John Connolly, Benedict Cumberbatch(The Imitation Game) as Billy Bulger and Dakota Johnson(Fifty Shades Of Grey) as Lindsey Cyr. The movie starts out in late 1970's Boston and into the 80's and tells the true story of  w FBI agent John Connolly(Edgerton) a local boy from South Boston enlisting the help James"Whitey" Bulger(Depp) the brother of State Senator Billy Bulger(Cumberbatch) to help him bring down the Italian mafia in Boston by making him an informer. Bulger uses this as an advantage to make himself a crime kingpin in Boston and one of the most infamous violent criminals in the history of South Boston. The movie details how Bulger used his association with Connolly as an informant to carry out his crimes without anyone knowing and the eventual circumstances that lead to it all coming to an end.





Right off the start here I just want to say that this was a very well done movie. Personally I thought Johnny Depp had a great performance here. His presence and mannerisms made you scared of his character, he was just that believable. This movie had a great cast to play all these roles and they seemed to work very well together. Now you know I am a big fan of movies based on real life. I find them interesting and informative. And I found that with this movie it was very interesting and to watch that you couldn't wait to see how it would all end. The movie was well put together and directed well. With a smart and interesting story that could only come from real life. All in all I give this movie a 7.9 on The Justin Scale Of Movies and make this the latest addition to my Pick-It movie to see at the theatres. So I guess that is a wrap her my friends, until next time Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing. I will see you all next time at the movies.

Comments