The Man From U.N.C.L.E Pays A Visit

Well seeing as I am doing one movie review I thought oh hell! I might as well do two for you today! Now this is something that I don't do too often here it seems. Normally I only do one review a week, but seeing as that I was away for two weeks and I am back home but still on holidays I thought you all deserved  to get another review written for you here. After all you all have been patient enough with me and been loyal and supportive of me here with this blog. Looking back at where I have come from when I started this blog review site and all the times I have changed things on here a bit, trying to constantly keep things fresh and hopefully interesting here for you. And the times I have taken breaks but to only come back with a fresh look on things and rebooted with whole thing back up. Like an old television show in syndication In am always here, but unlike it I lie to keep things fresh and try and change things up a bit from time to time so they don't get so monotonous! And I guess this leads us to now my friends the second of reviews for you here today. This one is the latest film from director Guy Ritchie(Sherlock Holmes), his big screen version of the old television show The Man From U.N.C.L.E . The movie stars Henry Cavill( The Man Of Steel) as Napoleon Solo, Armie Hammer( J Edgar) as Illya Kuryakin and Alicia Vikander( Ex Machina) as Gaby. So let us see is this just another re-run or a fresh take on things.




It is the early 1960's and the CIA sends one of their most effective agents Napoleon Solo(Cavill) to East Germany to sneak out the daughter of a former Nazi bomb designer named Gaby(Vikander). This leads Solo and Gaby to cross paths with Illya Kuryakin(Hammer) one of the KGB's best. But it seems that both the CIA and KGB are working on the same case. That case being to find a mysterious criminal organization, that is trying to proliferate nuclear weapons. Now Gaby's father being a former bomb designer  has gone missing and both countries have found that this criminal organization has him.So the two agencies team up in order to find this organization and stop them in time.




So normally when it comes to movies that come from old television shows it can be hit or miss! It is a very delicate ground to walk on, especially from fans of the TV shows. But also it can be seen as unoriginal and that the movie industry is running out of ideas for shows if it is a flop. But if it is a success it is deemed as visionary and brilliant. And for me I have seen my share of old television shows made into movies. I have seen some good ones and i have seen some bad ones. But that is now why I have made this blog for to talk about the good and the bad movies. Well not to beat around the bush here I found this movie unique in only the way that director Guy Ritchie can pull off. It had the classic charm, sights, fashion and feel of the 1960's. The story was good and easy to follow, not jumping around to lose sight of what the plot is. The movie seemed to flow nicely with a good mix of action and humour. Plus the trio of Cavill, Hammer and Vikander seemed to work really well together  , having a fun chemistry showing they really seemed to enjoy working with one another on this movie.With Vikander stealing the movie with her performance.This movie in a way kind of transports you back to the 60's and the classic old spy movies of the time. All in all a pretty fun time at the movies when it comes to this movie. So I am going to give this movie a 7.6 on The Justin Scale Of Movies, which makes this movie the latest addition to my Pick-It list of movies to see in the theatre. That's a wrap here for this review my friends! Until next time Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing. I will see you all next time at the movies.

Comments