Southpaw Throws All the Right Punches

Good day my friends! Yes ! I am back form my trip and it was a blast! truth be told I didn't want to came back, was having so much fun out in London with my friend and all the new friends I made. It almost seemed kind of like the plot to a really good movie you might say. But man the two weeks flew by fast just like when you are watching a really good movie.But like any successful movie there will always be a sequel and I am planning on returning there to make more happy memories. And who knows if the winds of fate be told maybe I could wind up living there one day if I and secured employment. But like anything in life we have to let the winds of fate guide us to get to our destiny. Now along the way there will be clear skies and rough seas. But make no mistake it is the lessons we learn that motivate us to not give up and be the great person we were destined to be. Not what the world tells us we should be! Now it may seem like I am just rambling on here, and you are thinking just get to the point already! Well here you go the movie I am reviewing here is the sports drama Southpaw. This movie stars Jake Gyllenhaal(Prisoners) as Billy Hope, Rachel McAdams( Mean Girls) as Maureen Hope and Forest Whitaker(Taken 3) as Tick Willis.So let us see how many rounds this movie will go to grab our attention.





Billy Hope(Gyllenhaal) grew up without a family and that is where he met his lovely wife Maureen(McAdams) who was also in the same children's home that Billy was raised in and together they have a young daughter who Leila who thinks the world of her father. Billy also is a pro boxing champion with an undefeated record. But when he suddenly loses his wife in a tragic accident, his life takes a downward spiral as he is having a hard time dealing with the loss of his wife. He gives up on himself and loses his title, is suspended by the boxing commission, his home and finances and his daughter to child protection services from his erratic behaviour. In order to get back his daughter the one thing that means the world that means the most to him. He turns to trainer Tick Willis to help him get his life back on track.




Well I have to say that going into this movie I was hopeful that it would not be just your everyday run of the mill sports movie. But after seeing this last night i have to say it was so much more than that my friends. This movie had heart, it had emotion with scenes that you could relate with. The characters were memorable and were well played by the actors in this film. Jake Gyllenhaal was fantastic in this role of a man trying to not get back a title but something more valuable and that is his daughter after hitting rock bottom. And Forrest Whitaker was great as trainer who didn't want pro success but to try and inspire and help young kids through boxing. The movie was well written, directed and acted. It showed tons of emotion and really made you think. So I am going to be giving SouthPaw a 7.9 on The Justin Scale Of Movies and put it right there as the latest edition to my Pick-It movies to see in the theatre. It is an touching movie, you won't be disappointed my friends. Well that does it here for this review until next time my friends Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing. I will see you all at the movies.

Comments