Fantastic Four Not Quite So Fantastic

Nope you are seeing this right my friends! It is a third review, or as i like to call it the triple play review. Now I know you must be wondering if I have very little to do with my time but write these reviews here for you today. But let me reassure you that I have plenty to do here on my holidays and like I said before in y last review I felt you deserved it. Plus I am also playing catch up and giving you some reviews I might have missed. But let me say though that this will be the last one I post today as sometimes when you don't take much of a break and do things properly and as they say go to the well one to many times . You tend to miss something and make mistakes in your attempt to present something that is lack lustre instead of well thought out and done well. It happens quite often in the business and entertainment industry. You can tell who took their time to create something that would be enjoyed by all. and then you can tell what was made to just make a quick buck or two. So with that being said this latest review is of the latest movie to come to us from Marvel Studios, the reboot of  Fantastic Four. This movie stars Miles Teller(Whiplash) as Reed Richards, Kate Mara(House Of Cards) as Sue Storm, Michael B. Jordan(Chronicle) as Johnny Storm and Jamie Bell(Billy Elliot) as Ben Grimm. Let us see if this movie is fantastic or not!





Reed Richards(Teller) has always been a genius with big dreams of actually being able to make teleportation a reality. But when he is noticed by the Baxter Foundation for his talents of actually being able to teleport something to another universe and successfully bring it back, they bring him on board to help them make an actual machine that can transport a human being there and back. But after succeeding in making the machine Reed and his friends decide they want to be the first humans to teleport themselves to this alternate universe. What they find is dangerous place that alters their physical form in shocking ways giving them each unique abilities. With their lives upended they become tools of their own government to carry out special missions. It isn't until the government decides to build a teleportation machine of their own to the alternate universe that they must come together as a team to help save the Earth from a former friend turned enemy.






So usually I am totally entertained by the movies from Marvel Studios. As for the most part they are pretty well done and entertaining with a good back story and movie that flows really well and seems makes sense. But this time around they dropped the ball here, BIG TIME!!!! Now I saw this movie last week on a rainy day while I was vacationing over in London,England. You could say I am a super hero guy and loves the super hero movies and am rarely disappointed. But this movie let me down after seeing all the trailers for it and thinking this looks good. Only to be let down with a movie that had no strong plot, good character development and seemed like it was edited together in a hurry to create some sort of jumbled mess! Personally this movie could have been better in so many ways. For example half the stuff you saw in the trailers wasn't in the movie and there really wasn't no big build up between the hero's and the villain. All of a sudden Doctor Doom is there and they stop him and the movie is pretty much over. They didn't do much with the villain and made him out to be more of a child with a temper tantrum than a super villain. All in all I was greatly disappointed by this movie and am only giving it a 3.5 on The Justin Scale Of Movies. Thus putting it where a movie doesn't want to be and that is on the Flick-It pile of movies to avoid at the theatre. That is a wrap here on my end my friends! Until next time Good Morning, Good afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing! I will see you all again at the movies.

Comments