An Action Classic Franchise Reborn Or Terminated With Terminator Genisys

Good day my friends and welcome to the first review of the month of July! Yes can you believe it, it is already the month of July and Summer movie season has kicked into high gear.With every summer movie season we get many movies vying for those big box office dollars. And it seems that every year there are big winners and losers for the crown of biggest movie of the summer. There is always comedy, action, fantasy, thrills and chills every year. We get new movies to start a potential franchise,  the sequels of past successes, there are aliens, robots, superheroes and characters doing extraordinary things. And the new trend these days is to take old movie franchises from cinema past and reboot them. Sometimes it works as in the case with the summers biggest hit so far in Jurassic World, which has been holding the top spot at the box office now for a while now. But we already reviewed that movie a while ago! But sometimes the reboot fails and what ends up happening is the ruin of a movie franchise that should have been left alone. So this week we take a look at the latest franchise to be rebooted, Terminator Genisys which stars Arnold Schwarzenegger( Terminator, Kindergarten Cop) as the Guardian terminator called Pops. It also stars Emilia Clarke(Game Of Thrones) as Sarah Connor and Jai Courtney( Jack Reacher) as Kyle Reese. This marks the second time that this franchise has been rebooted, lets see if it was worth bringing it back or not!






So we all know the story of how John Connor sends back Kyle Reese(Courtney) to protect his mother Sarah(Clarke) from a Terminator(Schwarzenegger) who was sent back by Skynet to 1984 to kill Sarah which wipes John Connor from existence and ensures that Skynet will not be destroyed by John and the resistance. Yes we sure do but this time something has changed and when Kyle is sent back to 1984 by John to stop the Terminator the time line is altered and Kyle finds himself in a past where Sarah is not vulnerable and scared but strong and prepared. A past where she knows about judgement day and Skynet. A past where Sarah already has a Terminator Guardian(Schwarzenegger) sent back to protect her as child which she has named Pops who has already taken care of the Terminator sent back to 1984. So Kyle who has no trust for the Terminator teams up with Sarah and Pops to try and destroy Skynet. But in order to do that they must time jump to 2017 to destroy a computer program called Genisys which is actually Skynet. But once again things have changed and John is in 2017 but not to stop Skynet but to help it and protect it as he was changed by Skynet in the future. With all these changes and the odds seemingly against them can they stop Skynet in a past they know nothing about.




Well I have to say my friends that at first when I first saw the previews to this movie I thought you know it looks kind of interesting. And than when I heard some mixed reviews on it I was like I don't know about it but then I realized that hey it is my duty as a reviewer to tell you what is good and what is bad, that every movie I see I won't always like. And tonight when I saw this movie my opinion changed again! I personally thought that this movie was pretty good for the most part. It flowed very nicely, there was lots of action and not once was I bored and compelled to leave the movie. I thought the plot was unique with lots of references to the first two Terminator movies paying them the proper respect that they deserve. While some of the lines were kind of cheesy I did think the actors did well in this movie and the chemistry between Emilia Clarke and Arnold Schwarzenegger was pretty great. All in all a pretty decent movie, not the best but not the worst and far better than the last Terminator movie. It was enjoyable and entertaining so I give it a 7.2 on The Justin Scale Of Movies and  it makes it on to my Pick-It list of movies to see in the theatre. As they say in Hollywood that's a wrap here for my latest review! So until next time Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing. I will see you next time at the movies.

Comments