Summer Movie Season Kicks Off With Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Hello there one and all! No you have not lost track of the days, and are not losing your mind! It is my weekly movie review but just a little early this week! And by the way welcome, welcome to the month of May and with the month of may here you know that summer is almost here and that kids will be out of school soon. The beautiful days of summer vacation will be here and you will be enjoying all the benefits of the nice weather. You might take a trip to the lake or if you are like me take a trip to somewhere in the world. You can enjoy ball games, barbecues,the days getting longer, great memories with friends. Oh yeah and one of the most important things that I look forward to this time of year besides running is all the great summer movies that come out this time of year. Every year there are always some great blockbusters that are released. And over the years I have seen many of them. But you see the summer movie season doesn't start when summer starts on June 21st! No the  summer movie season always starts in May in the spring time with the majority of the movies coming out from May till early August. This lets the movie studios ensure that you see the blockbusters that they took the time to make because they know that in the summer we are spending our time outside and on vacation before we get too busy. Plus its so nice out and its easier for us to get out to the theatre. Now this is not the reason that I am doing this review early. My reasons are different and they are cause I am currently in the middle of training for a half-marathon and now my training has gotten a little more intense and won't be able to go on my usual Tuesday evening. Plus I really couldn't wait to see this movie and wanted to see it on opening weekend. You can call me a big kid but yeah I was kind of really excited to see this movie! And really if you haven't guessed the movie I am talking about it's Avengers: Age Of Ultron. This movie officially kicks off the summer movie season and has some serious star power  with the likes of Robert Downey Jr. (Ironman) as Tony Stark/Ironman, Chris Evans ( Captain America: The First Avenger) as Steve Rogers/Captain America, Chris Hemsworth(Thor, Rush) as Thor, Mark Ruffalo(The Avengers, 13 Going On 30) as Bruce Banner/The Hulk, Jeremy Renner(The Bourne Legacy) as Clint Barton/ Hawkeye,Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, Samuel L Jackson( Snakes On A Plane, Django Unchanined) as Nick Fury and James Spader(The Blacklist) as Ultron.  Now thats quite the cast list and believe me there are even more but I already have one big run on sentence there and we should really get on with the review here.





When the Avengers come back from their latest mission of retrieving Loki's sceptre from a secret Hydra Tony Stark(Downey Jr) and Bruce Banner(Ruffalo) discover that the stone in the sceptre is a from of artificial intelligence. They use it to try and jump start a long dormant peace keeping project know as the Ultron project. But Ultron(Spader) does not see turn out to be the peace keeping robot that they were hoping for! Infact his logic becomes twisted and evil to which he sees humanity and The Avengers as threat that must be illuminated from the planet to have peace. So Captain America(Evans), Thor(Hemsworth)Black Widow(Johansson) Hawkeye(Renner), The Incredible Hulk  and Ironman are put to the ultimate test to stop Ultron from destroying the world. With the odds against them as they try to figure out Ultrons end game new heroes emerge to help in the fight to save the world and stop Ultron!




Now I know I didn't tell you a whole lot about the plot but I didn't want to give too much away and besides it's just not the same describing it in full as it is seeing it in person. This movie was by far a really great start to the summer movie season. It had it all a great cast which worked together really well. A wonderfully written script and great story which was full of humour, heart and of course action. This movie grabbed you right from the start and didn't let go until the credits were rolling at the end. I have nothing really bad to say about this movie, it is by far one of the best superhero movies that I have seen. A truly great time at the movies and I give it a 8.5 on The Justin Scale Of Movies. I am definetly putting this movie on my Pick-It list of movies to see in the theatre. I fully recommend you see this movie you won't be disappointed, I loved it! Such a great time, it was a joy to watch! It is one of those movies that I will be seeing again at the theatres. If this movie is any indication on how this summers movies are going to be than I am really going to love going out to the theatre this summer. Well that's about all I have to say here my friends, so I guess that is a wrap for me here. Until next time Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always, Good Viewing I will see you all again at the movies!

Comments