Pitch Perfect 2 Hits All The Right Notes

Good day my friends and movie fanatics, no you are not having deja vu I am doing yet another movie review on a Sunday! After not being able to get into this particular movie this past Tuesday, I decided to see it last night. So it being a nice warm evening here in the month of May I decided to go but yet again the movie was sold out! But I did not let that deter me from being able to watch this movie, I bought a ticket to the later show at 10:15pm and went next door and had a drink and killed some time watching the NHL playoffs until my movie started. Kind of a nice way to spend my Saturday evening if you asked me! You know every summer brings new movies and the opportunity to kick back a little and get out and enjoy the weather. To have some fun and reward ourselves for all the hard work that we have put in this year so far. Cause if we don't have any fun than what is life all about? We just can't work and be so serious that we don't take anytime out to enjoy our lives, regardless of what the naysayers tell us nowadays. You can accumulate all the money and possessions that you want complete with the big fancy house and the big truck or sports car. But at the end of the day it really can't bring you happiness, you must take the time to laugh, to be a little crazy, to dance and oh yeah to sing! And make sure you have some friends along for the ride. And that leads me to this weeks movie review in which I take a look at Pitch Perfect 2. Which was last weeks box office champ and stars Anna Kendrick(Into The Woods) as Becca and Rebel Wilson( Pain And Gain) as Fat Amy. Now after reading my little into there let us see how this sequel was compared to the original!




It has been a little while since we last saw the Barton Bellas and they have won three national championships and gotten invited to sing for the president. But when their performance at the Lincoln  Center goes wrong courtesy of a wardrobe malfunction, the whole world takes notice. They are put on suspension and taken out of the collegiate Aca circuit for this. But they are still able to compete in the world's and try to win so they can have their suspension lifted and regain their good name. But not only has no American team ever won the that title but they are also up against a German team which seems unbeatable. So the Bellas must find their sound again and strengthen the bonds of sisterhood to accomplish this great task and go out on a high note in their final year of college.




Well I know what you are tinkling here! Sounds like the same tired old movie synopsis about a team being down and out and coming back to win the big one in the end with a great performance. And yeah it is but it works. I mean after all don't most movies have the same kind of themes over the years. That doesn't mean that we don't enjoy them for one reason or another. As long a we go to the movies to be entertained and we are entertained than thats all that should matter. Now we could make so much more of a fuss about and think we could have done a better job but if we could than we would have gone into that career choice. All that matters is that we were entertained, and I was entertain here! While I have seen this kind of basic plot before in other movies I really enjoyed the show. It had good laughs mostly from Rebel Wilson's character, a good lesson on the importance of honesty and friendship. It had a decent script with fun characters and some good performances. The type of movie that you need to help you laugh and smile. So I guess you can see where I am leaning here in my decision about this movie. I am making it one of my Pick-It movies to see at the theatre and giving it a 7.3 on The Justin Scale Of Movies.  It is now time to call it a wrap on this latest movie review. As always until next time Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and of course Good viewing I will see you all next time at the movies.

Comments