Running The Distance In McFarland,USA

Good day my friends! Well, it seems it has been a couple of weeks since my last review here but no worries I didn't forget about you. In fact for the past couple of weeks I was planning my list of movies to see and other things that I have going on in my life right now. Yes I know it seems that I sometimes take the odd little break here and there but I would never forget about you my friends. With that being said I have also been starting to focus on my long distance run training. Now to do this it takes a lot of hard work to be able to go and compete in events like that! You need to have a good fitness regimen, training program , proper diet, stamina, faith and heart! I guess where I am going with this is that you have be committed to anything you do in life to make great achievements, you have to be able to go the distance even when you want to give up and quit! That is how greatness is achieved, with the undying will to keep going in the face of resistance. The point that leads us right here into this weeks movie review. And this week we are looking at the biopic sports movie from Walt Disney Pictures McFarland, USA which stars Kevin Costner ( Bull Durham, Man Of Steel) as Jim White. Let us take a look at this latest movie from Kevin Costner and see if it can run that extra mile




Jim White(Costner) is struggling high school coach and teacher who has moved around a lot in his career do to  some incidents that have caused him to keep relocating. With no other job prospects he takes a job and moves his family in McFarland, California which is not only a town full of hard working pickers and their families for the produce industry in one of the poorest cities in America. What he does find there is a some great potential in several of the high school boys to be great at cross country track. With not knowing much about the sport he takes on the role of coach and convinces the school administration to form a cross country running team and assembles a group of students to run on the team. He transforms them into championship runners and brings them all closer together plus filling the city of McFarland with pride. All finding that what started out as just a job turned into a home.




So there you have it my friends thats what it's all about, now after seeing this movie I personally thought it was really well done. I loved the story, the script was well written it had heart and passion. Plus the cast of actors and actresses did a good job of pulling of the telling of this real life story. Kevin Costner proves yet again that he is good in these heartfelt dramas and seems to be the go to guy for sports movies. He has shown that his career is back in full force after a bit of an absence a while back, but over the past few years he has comeback. This was a good movie to see from beginning to end! The kind of movie that you would take the entire family to. Which is why I am given this movie a 7.7 on the Justin Scale Of Movies and putting it on my Pick-It pile of movies that you should see in the theatres my friends, it's well worth it. It's that time again! Time to call cut on a another movie review so until next time Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing! I will see you all next time at the movies my friends.

Comments