The Names Mortdecai

Good day my friends, well, well,well! It seems that we are closing in on the end of the January, and with the first month down here in 2015 there is still so many more movies waiting out there to be seen as this year continues to roll on. You know when you think about it and pay close attention there is a pattern to how and when movies are released, the ones wanting attention for possible awards come out in the late fall and into December. The big blockbuster contenders always come out in the summer but yet start in May which is technically still spring. And the weaker ones that might not stand a chance against the big blockbusters are usually out starting in January and ending in March. Now it is in these three months that you will get a steady mixture of good, great or why the hell did they make that horrible garbage! Now when we go to the movies we all search for something whether it be laughs, tears, a bit of a scare, suspense, drama, action and heart. But all of these things have one thing in common and that is a good movie incorporating one or more of those qualities. And that in essence is what we search for  a good movie that entertains us fully! So in that constant endless search you have me to help you look and his week my search took me to see the movie Mortdecai. This movie stars Johnny Depp( Pirates Of The Caribbean 1-4) as Mortdecai, Gwyneth Paltrow(Ironman) as Johanna and Ewan McGregor( Trainspotting) as Martland. So lets us see what our search here contains, is it a good movie or a bad one.




Debonair art dealer Charlie Mortdecai(Depp) having a bit of a reputation as a art smuggler is in financial trouble. So he has been trying to figure out a way to pay the back taxes he owes the British government or should I say his wife Johanna(Paltrow) is! Charlie's only idea is to grow a ridiculous moustache which his wife hates. But when an old admirer of Johanna's by the name of Martland(McGregor) who happens to work for MI5 comes by with a murder case that centres around a stolen painting. It gives Charlie the opportunity to find a way to solve his money troubles by making a deal with the government in exchange for his help. So with his trusty man servant Jock(Paul Bettany) Charlie must juggle some angry Russians, the British MI5 and an international terrorist who all want the painting as he travels the globe looking it and recover it and the code written on the back of it leading to a bank account filled with Nazi Gold.




So this sounds pretty interesting, and when I saw the preview i thought what the hell looks like it might be good for a few laughs. Well was I wrong here folks! This movie was not great at all, it offered only a few laughs as the jokes and physical comedy was lacklustre. The story was okay but not great or interesting in the least. I was expecting it be a bit more entertaining considering the actors involved. But what I got was a 1 hour and 46 minute waste of time that I will never get back here. The script was horrible and poorly written, and the acting was sub par to say the least! Frankly I was just waiting for this movie to be over so I could leave the theatre. Another disappointment from Johnny Depp here. So as you can read I guess you know which way I am leaning when it comes to this movie. And you are right I putting this movie on my Flick-It pile and giving this movie a 4.9 on The Justin Scale Of Movies. Quite frankly my friends I wouldn't waste my money on this movie and thank God it was cheap night and I didn't spend that much to get in to the theatre to see this one to review for you! This is a wrap here for my latest movie review so until next time Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Goof Evening and as always Good Viewing. I will see you next time at the movies.

Comments