Right On Target With American Sniper

Good day my friends out there in this wide, vast space we call the internet. So did you miss me this past week? Sorry for the not being here last week to give you a movie review but I was dealing with a personal family matter.But I am back this week to give you the first of two reviews for this week! The first will come tonight or today depending on where you live. So was thinking the other day with all the stuff that has been going on in my life lately about what is it all about and the one thing that always comes back to me is this. It is that we all have a purpose in life , whether it be big or whether it be small. In some way, shape or form we make a difference in this world.Our lives are like one great big biographical movie that on day eventually ends. But only we can write our own story! And one day we can look back and be proud of our accomplishments no matter how big or small. You see we can sit there and criticize ourselves but in the end we did make some difference. Now that leads us to one of our movie reviews for this week, you see I have chosen the the biopic American Sniper for the first movie to be reviewed this week. This movie is based on the book of the same name written by Chris Kyle, Scott McEwen and James Defelice.It is directed by acclaimed actor/director Clint Eastwood( Unforgiven, Mystic River, Gran Torino) and it stars Bradley Cooper(Silver Linings Playbook) as Chris Kyle and who also produced the film and also stars Sienna Miller(Foxcatcher) as Taya. So let us sit down and take a look at this Oscar nominated film shall we?





Chris Kyle(Cooper) was a man from Texas who was raised to protect the ones he loved.At first all he wanted to be was a cowboy. But one day decides to enlist in the Navy Seals to protect his country from those who would want to harm it. And he could use his talent as a marksman to become a sniper for the Navy Seals. Along the way he meets the love of his life his wife Taya(Miller) and is deployed shortly after marrying her.While on his four tours of duty he becomes one of the most prolific snipers and earns himself the nickname "Legend". With his pinpoint accuracy he saves countless lives on the battlefield. But as his reputation grows behind enemy lines there is also a price on his head which makes him a prime target for insurgents. But halfway around the world he is striving to be a good husband and father. But it is when he gets back home from his final tour of duty that he finds it hard to adjust to life back home and how he manages to handle it.




Now I know there have been some strong opinions I have read about in the media from some people against this movie but I have also read some really good ones too. Firstly let me say that I myself am proud of the service that the soldiers do to protect us! Secondly this is a movie folks let us sit back and enjoy it and leave all the politics out of it. So let me say that I thought this movie was wonderfully written the story was great, it flowed nicely and kept my interest throughout the entire film. Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller put in wonderful performances in this movie you actually thought they were the characters they were playing. And director Clint Eastwood has put together yet another great movie. He sure knows how to make such well crafted films. So you can only guess what I thought of this movie and yup it is a Pick-It film to see in the theatre but what you don't know is that I am giving this movie an 7.9 on The Justin Scale Of Movies. I recommend this as a must see movie my friends, trust me you will like it! So that time has come ladies and gentlemen to call it a wrap on this movie review. So until next time Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing, I will see you all again at the movies.

Comments