Being Taken For A Third Time Around With Taken 3

Well as promised ladies and gentlemen I am back for another around. Thats right you got back to back movie reviews this week. I am a man of my word and I always try and keep my word! It is a matter of pride with me. You know what looking back here at what I wrote here right at the beginning  it is funny I said that because sometimes we enjoy something so much that we got back for more! And if it is something we are trying to perfect than we keep doing it until we get it right. Consistency can be good but sometimes to much of something can be bad for you as well. In life and in the movies too. Yup I bet you know where I am going with all this here don't you? That's right I am talking about sequels in the movie world that turn into a franchise. But in that if you are not careful and go to the well once to often than a movie franchise can get to watered down and lose its appeal with audiences just as certain interests can be lost by us in life cause they have no appeal anymore. Now this leads us right here to the se cone review I had promised you yesterday. And the movie we are looking at this time is third instalment to the popular Taken franchise, Taken 3 which stars Liam Neeson( Non-Stop, Taken) as Brian Mills and Maggie Grace( The Fog) as Kim Mills.So let us see if the bird film in this franchise can hold up to the previous two!




Brian Mills(Neeson) has twice saved his family and is still a devoted father to his daughter Kim(Grace). But what is about to happen next in his life is going to shake things up. You see just as he is starting to rebuild a relationship with his ex-wife Lenore(Famke Janssen). Something terrible happens as she is killed in his apartment and as he finds her the police show up in response to a call about a disturbance at this address. This makes Brian the prime suspect in the murder of his ex-wife and before he is about to be arrested he escapes from the police. He goes into hiding and uses the particular set of skills he has to track down the true killer and clear his name.




So that sounds so much different than the first two movies doesn't it? Yeah it is a bit of a different direction they are taking here with this movie. It is not at all like the first two, besides if you did that it would just be too predictable. But while I thought the direct they were taking with this movie was good. The story did seem weak in spots and did seem a like they were trying to give you a little misdirection in trying to find the killer. But in the end was nothing short of predictable. The acting was fair to okay, Liam Neeson was good but not the good we had seen from him in the first movie in this franchise. All in all it was not a great effort in the making of this movie and I even found myself yawning part way through it. So I am king to pass on this one and put it in my Flick-It pile of movies to wait to see till it is done in theatres if you wanted to see it. And I am going to give this movie a 6.4 on The Justin Scale Of Movies as I just didn't find it as interesting as I thought it would be! Well that's a wrap here for this latest movie review my friends. Until next time Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing. I will see you all again at the movies.

Comments