The Hobbit:The Battle Of The Five Armies Gives Us A Fight To The Finish

Good day to you my friends! No you are seeing this right i am doing my review a bit early but you never know there could be more this week! So you will just have to wait and see! Funny as we are close to closing out the year 2014 as we get towards Christmas, it seems like the journey we took over the past 12 months to get to this point seems so far away. And yet it seems to have flown by all to quickly as well! Like any journey there has been ups and downs, highs and lows, many adventures and stories to be told. There have been great accomplishments we have done and are proud of! You see a years journey is just a short part of our life long story, our path in life. And like any good journey we always seem to learn a great deal from it all. Plus it leaves us with so many fond memories of days gone by and the good times we have shared! Well wight this weeks movie review we have also come to the end of another journey my friends. Thats right we have come to the end of Bilbo Baggins journey in the final instalment to Peter Jacksons three part film on the classic tale by author J.R.R Tolkien. Thats right we are looking at The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies this week. The movie stars Ian McKellan( Lord Of The Rings  Trilogy) As Gandalf, Martin Freeman(Sherlock) as Bilbo Baggins,Richard Armitage(Captain America: The First Avenger) as Thorin and Cate Blanchett( Blue Jasmine) as Galadriel. Along with Orlando Bloom, Evangeline Lily,Luke Evans , Hugo Weaving,Christopher Lee,Ian Holm and Benedict Cumberbatch and a long list of cast members to round out his movie. So let us see just how this saga ends here, will it end with a bang or a fizzle.




I must say before I start here that if you haven't seen this movie yet than there is a bit of a spoiler alert here in my synopsis. This film takes us back to where we were left off where we ended with the last movie. As the Thorin(Armitage ), Bilbo(Freeman) and the rest of their companions have taken back the lonely mountain and its large treasure hoard from the dragon Smaug(Cumberbatch). The people of Laketown are the target of Smaugs revenge as he breathes fire upon the town destroying it and anyone in his way. But while the people of the town are fleeing for their lives Bard the Bowman takes on the task to try and kill Smaug! With the help of his son and the black arrow that is big enough to do the job, Bard strikes down Smaug and saves the town to become the saviour of the town as they look to him to lead them. But as all this chaos ends a new threat begins as a battle over the mountain and its treasure starts between the Thorin who has gone mad and his small band of dwarves, elves, the people of Laketown and a larger army of dwarves led by Thorins cousin. But as they are about to all fight one another they must must all band together to to stop the army of Orcs as they converge on the mountain. What has happened to Gandalf? Did he escape from the cell of the necromancers? Is there a more sinister force at work? Will Thorin break free of his madness? And so many other questions that were left unanswered from the last movie are concluded here in this definitive chapter f this movie trilogy!





WOW! Yup, you heard me but in case you didn't I will say it again. WOW! Is what I have to say about the conclusion to the Peter Jacksons Hobbit trilogy and also ties us into The Lord Of The Rings  trilogy. Now I have read and heard others say that they were disappointed or that there was no need to make this one book into three movies. And that there have been some changes compared to the books or an overextension to make more money. But I have to say that this movie was a great conclusion to this series, I found the movie well done, action packed and well acted. It flowed well and kept you enthralled as you couldn't wait to see what happened next. Now I know I am gonna get the usual die hards saying as I usually do telling me that I should read the books here before writing my review on the movie. WellI am going to say it again, that this is a movie review! I am here to write reviews on movies I have seen at the theater, not books that I have read folks, sorry to disappoint you on that but thats just the way I do things here. From beginning to end this movie kept me interested and was money well spent for my entertainment dollars! This movie is going to to be making its way to my Pick-It pile of movies I recommend to see in the theater, you won't be disappointed by it! Trust me! And with that being said I give The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies a 8.2 on The Justin Scale Of Movies. So I guess I have said it all here for this movie review my friends and is now time to call it a wrap here on my end. As always until next time Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing! I will see you all again next time at the movies.

Comments