The Age Old Story Of "Exodus Gods And Kings"

Well my friends it is so good to see you all again here as I am back this week for my latest movie review. After a not doing one last week you must have thought that I was going to go absent again for awhile and not do any recent movie reviews. Well I guess I have surprised you all, haven't I? Or did you believe that I would be back this week. you had faith that i would return and give you a movie review. And your faith is now being reward here and now! Funny thing about faith hey! You either have it or you don't but it is always there and you just have to believe no matter what. Even when things look their darkest! Because when you keep believing great things can happen. You could witness miracles and you could see your dreams come true. If you just have a little faith and believe! So now that you have waited so patiently I will tell you that this weeks movie review is on the biblical epic Exodus Gods And Kings. This movie is directed by Ridley Scott( Gladiator) and stars Christian Bale( The Fighter, Dark Knight Trilogy) as Moses and Joel Edgeton(Zero Dark Thirty)as Ramses. So let us take a look at this latest film from Ridley Scott and see just what it is all about.





So which one of us has not heard the story of Moses? Well in ancient Egypt at a time when the Hebrew people are slaves to the Egyptians a man named Moses(Bale) was raised in the household of the Egyptian pharaoh Seti by the pharaohs sister. He and Seti's son Ramses(Edgerton) were like brothers. But when Moses finds out that he is not an Egyptian but a Hebrew and that he is destined to lead his people to freedom out of Egypt he has his doubts.With this news weighing on his mind, he tries to put it behind him as just a false story. But soon after Seti dies and Ramses becomes pharaoh, it is revealed to Ramses that Moses is a Hebrew and not an Egyptian. Ramses has Moses exiled and it is there that Moses finds a new life, a wife and a family. But 9 years after he was exiled god calls upon him to go back and save his people from the oppression of Ramses . What takes place next is a journey of defiance against the pharaoh by  Moses and 10 plagues which will change the fate of a people and send them on a journey to freedom.





Okay so after seeing this movie I have to say it wasn't all together what I had expected. Now maybe my biblical knowledge is a little weak but i don't remember Moses being that defiant and starting a rebellion before the plagues happened. And god was supposed to talk to Moses through the burning bush not in the from of a young boy. But this is the movies and some things always get changed a bit. But for the most part this movie had some of the same things that you remember from the bible. the movie did seem to drag in parts and did lose my attention. I felt the story could have been a little stronger. But I guess after you have seen The Ten Commandments its kind of hard to make a movie as equal to that. I liked the relationship between Ramses and Moses, plus I also liked how Moses seemed to question his faith at times before finally believing in himself. I thought Christian Bale and Joel Edgerton did a fine job in this movie. Not one of Bales best movies but still a pretty good performance from him. Overall I would have to give this movie a 6.4 on the Justin Scale Of Movies. It was good but just not quite good enough so i am going to have to put this movie in my Flick-It pile,I would wait till it came out on dvd. Was not at all what I expected from this movie, I guess I was just expecting more from what i saw of the previews. So it is time to call it a wrap her on my end of this latest movie review. Until next time my friends Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing! I will See you all again at the movies.

Comments