Dumb And Dumber To Is Back For More

Well welcome one and all! Yes it's me my friends back again for another movie review for this week. You know I've seen a lot of movies over the years and some of them have made me laugh, some have made me think, brought a tear to my eye and joy to my heart. I have learned things and also have and some pretty good memories associated with certain movies that I tie to moments of my past. Funny isn't it how something as single as a movie, a song or an old picture can bring back a flood of memories pouring down on you. Well if you are wondering where I am going with this it is all about to be explained here my friends. You see the movie I have chosen to review this week was the sequel to a movie I saw 17 years ago Dumb And Dumber. And low and behold 20 years later I am 37 and the sequel is finally released Dumb And Dumber To which stars Jim Carrey(The Mask, Bruce Almighty) as Lloyd and Jeff Daniels( Speed) as Harry. So you can see how I would feel a bit of nostalgia here in going to see this movie, now lets find out what kind of antics Harry and Lloyd have in store for us and if it is as funny as the original.




It has been 20 years and Lloyd(Carrey) is in a mental hospital since we last saw him catatonic and motionless. But once a week for 20 years Harry(Daniels) has come to visit  him but to Harry's surprise he finds out Lloyd has been faking it as one big practical joke. Lloyd goes back with Harry to their old apartment and it is there that Harry tells him that he needs a kidney transplant. This leads the two on a journey to find a family donor but Harry is adopted but does find out from some old mail that he had at his parents place that an old girlfriend was pregnant. The two go on a journey to try and find Harry's long lost daughter to which he has found out that she was given up for adoption. But to make matters even more strange Lloyd is in love with harry's daughter just by seeing a picture of her. They travel from one place to another to try and find the daughter that Harry never knew and getting into the kind of crazy trouble only they can bring on themselves.




So sounds like it might have a few laughs. Well let me tell you this, it did have a few laughs, its moments. But for me it wasn't an A plus type of movie. It failed to recapture the same magic that the original had. Sure there were funny parts and the story had potential but it just wasn't strong enough. All it really seemed to do is recycle some of the same jokes from the first movie with a few different ones thrown in. Maybe they waited too long to make this sequel or maybe it was just some poor writing. But I found it not overly funny and mildly entertaining. Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels have a good chemistry but the spark seemed to have fizzled out here. Now I am going to to have to put this movie on my Flick-It pile of movies to wait to to see at a cheap theatre or until it comes out on dvd but not pay full price for. I was a little disappointed here as I loved the first one and maybe I was expecting a little too much here. To rate this movie I would have to give it a 6.0 on The Justin Scale of movies. So this is where it is time to call it a wrap on this latest movie review. Until next time my friends Good Morning ,Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing. I will see you all again at the movies. :)

Comments