Finding Gone Girl

Good day my friends, well another week is upon us and so with that I bring another movie review for you all. In this weeks review I was thinking should I change things up a bit and maybe throw you for a loop. Should I go back to my old formula of doing my review or should I just keep doing what I am doing here and keep it nice and simple. Well the answer to that was simple and that was to keep doing things the way I have been. And just like that decision so was my decision on what movie to review this week. This week I take a look at the movie Gone Girl which stars Ben Affleck(Argo,Good Will Hunting) as Nick Dunne and Rosamund Pike( Jack Reacher,Die Another Day) as Amy Dunne.This movie is based on the best selling novel by Gillian Flynn and is directed by David Fincher(The Social Network,FightClub).Now seeing as I have made two big decisions already regarding this review I guess we should see what it is all about to see if what kind of decision I should make in reviewing it!




When his  seemingly perfect wife Amy Dunne(Pike) goes missing on their anniversary and foul play is suspected her husband Nick Dunne(Affleck) goes from being the grieving husband to the number one suspect in her disappearance. In a case that becomes a media circus Nick has the spotlight turned on him as evidence starts to mount against him that makes it look like he has murdered his wife. But is this a missing persons case, a murder or an elaborate frame up to send Nick to prison and possibly death row. For as soon as we think that Nick might be guilty and what happened to his wife, we are thrown for a loop and find out there is more to Amy than we think. As her twisted and clever side is revealed and we find out that while everyone is thinking Nick killed her, she has faked her death and what she will do to keep herself looking like the innocent victim.





Well that sounds like quite the movie, doesn't it? And let me tell you it was! It was well acted, Rosamund Pike really delivers the a great performance as seemingly perfect person with a dark twisted side. And Ben Affleck put in a pretty good performance showing off his charm and some fire as well. The movie had many twists and turns but it kept you interested and just when you thought it was over it started again. The only thing I have to say against this movie is that it did start out a bit slow from the start but it didn't last too long and it kept you hooked right until the very end! So I would have to give this movie a 8.5 on The Justin Scale Of Movies and make this one of my Pick-It movies that you must see in the theatre. So it is time to call it a wrap on this latest movie review. Until next time Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing I will see you all again at the movies!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Sorry but I gave you a bit of a taste of what the movie is about! There is much more to this movie and you have to see it to believe it Paul. Sorry if you think I spoiled the plot for you but this is how I have always done my reviews. I didn't give away the ending so in fact I really didn't spoil it for you! See it and you will know what I mean.

      Delete

Post a Comment