This Is Where I Leave You Makes You Want To Stay

Good day my friends! Hope you all have been well these past few weeks since I last gave you a movie revue. Well I have been incase you have been wondering. But we can just cut through the small talk here I guess and cut right to the chase. You want your movie review, otherwise you wouldn't be here reading my blog! Would you? So the summer has come and gone and fall is officially here. And with the arrival of fall comes the first batch of movie releases for this season. Now with three new movies out I could only choose one of them to see even though I would like to have seen them all it was hard to pick one. So the one I did end up choosing was the  comedy/drama This Is Where I Leave You. The movie stars Jason Bateman(Identity Thief) as Judd Altman, Tina Fey( Baby Mama) as Wendy Altman, Jane Fonda( On Golden Pond) as Hillary Altman, Adam Driver(Lincoln) as Phillip Altman, Rose Byrne( Neighbours) as Penny Moore and Corey Stoll(House Of Cards) as Paul Altman. So let us see if this movie made me laugh or leave as we dip into our bag of popcorn to find out what it is basically about.



When their father passes away the four Altman siblings Judd(Bateman), Wendy(Fey), Paul(Stoll) and Phillip(Driver) return home for the funeral. Their fathers dying wish was that they perform the ritual of Shiva which requires 7 days of mourning. So in order to get them to stay their mother Hillary(Fonda) grounds them. With their lives all in turmoil and the issues that they have with one another, not to mention that their mother likes to over share most of the personal details of their lives and her own. Through all the problems the siblings ultimately reconnect as they deal with the issues in their lives over the seven days and mourn their fathers passing.




Well I found this movie to be sweet and heart warming with  some good laughs in it to boot! The plot was good and the characters were believable. The cast seemed to really worked well together and made you believe that they were a real family. Jane Fonda was humorous as the over sharing mother. I just found that this movie had some heart to it to as each of the siblings has their own personal issues that they are dealing with at this time along with dealing with their fathers death. All in all a pretty decent movie my friends. I would have to give it a 7.0 on The Justin Scale of movies and put it on my Pick-It pile of movies to see in the theatre. Well worth the price of admission. So I guess that is a wrap on this weeks movie review. As always Good Morning, Good Afternoon , Good Evening and as always Good Viewing! I will see you all again at the movies.

Comments