The November Man Blows Into Town

Well hello there my friends! Long time no see! I have been away quite awhile here from giving you a movie review. And lately it seems I have had a few people ask me if I was still doing them or have I stopped all together. Well the answer was this, I had decided to take off the summer to pursue a few goals and dreams and I needed that time to concentrate on. I had to fulfil my dream of finally taking that vacation I had always dreamed of to London, England and got a chance to finally connect with a really good friend who lives over there. I also needed time to train for a 10k marathon at the end of August, and with doing my day job I just couldn't give the blog the attention it needed. But I am back now and ready to give you a fresh movie review. So without further ado I give you the first review of September and my choice for the movie to review is the movie The November Man. This movie stars Pierce Brosnan( Goldeneye, After The Sunset) as Peter Deveraux, Luke Bracey(G. I Joe Retaliation) as Mason and Olga Kurylenko( Quantum Of Solace) as Alice. So let us see what this movie is all about shall we and just how good it really is.

Peter Deveraux(Brosnan) is a retired C.I.A agent who is living a quiet life in Switzerland enjoying his life when he is asked to do one last job for his old employers.  The job has a personal level to it as a former colleague of his is killed obtaining the name of a young woman who could bring down a future Russian president. But not by the Russians but by the C.I.A and this starts Deveraux on a mission to find the woman who his colleague named. This puts him in a deadly game against some high level CIA officials and the future Russian President. It also has him pitted against his former pupil Mason( Bracey) as he searches for the truth and the identity of a girl named Alice(Kurylenko) whose information holds a lot of power and could even get her killed. But it is up to Deveraux to they and find and protect her and bring the truth to light.




Well that sounds like quite the interesting movie doesn't it? Well let me tell you it did start out a little bit slow at first but it does pick up as the movie progresses. It had a decent story line full of conspiracy, mistrust and secrets. But it also has some predictability to it but than again what movie usually doesn't? The acting was fair, not exactly over the top but good enough to make it entertaining and exciting. The movie overall was okay for an end of August release but it  could have been a little better. I would have to give this movie a 6.7 on "The Justin Scale of Movies" cause it had a few weak parts in it. So I would have to put this movie on the "Flick-It" pile. It was okay but just not good enough to make it a Pick. So there you go my friends your first movie review of September. Until next time Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing. That's a wrap  until next time!

Comments