Can Noah Stay Afloat?

Good day my friends I hope you all are doing well! So it seems that another month has ended and a new one begins. A new month, a chance for new beginnings, new adventures and new memories. But isn't everyday like that a chance for a new beginning  to make a change for ourselves for the better. To wash away the what doesn't work for us and start over to make ourselves new again.Now the reason I say this is for two reasons. The first being a lead into this weeks movie review which is none other than the movie Noah which was direct by Darren Aronofsky( Black Swan) and stars Russell Crowe( Gladiator) as Noah. The movie also co-stars Jennifer Connelly( A Beautiful Mind), Anthony Hopkins(Silence Of the Lambs) and Emma Watson( Harry Potter1-8). So that is the first part of my reason the other is what I have decided is a new direction or way if you will in the way I am going to try and write this and future reviews. I am going to try and simplify it and keep things a little shorter. With that being said let us get on our way here so that I may try and keep my promise.



Now I know I usually give you a big long movie synopsis but I feel that instead of me giving you a play by play on the movie and the review being about 5 paragraphs long. This is the new beginning of a new era here starting tonight where I try to make it 2 to 3 paragraphs at most. So the movie Noah which as I said earlier stars Russell Crowe as Noah who is told by the creator through a dream that the because man has grown so wicked and cruel that the creator is sending a great flood to wipe out humanity. But God wishes for him to help life start over after the flood and asks him to build an ark for two of every creature to take shelter in in to survive the flood along with Noah and his family. With the help of God some fallen angels called the watchers which are in the form of giant rock like creatures and his own family Noah builds the ark and prepares for the end. He must not only battle off those who would try to take the ark for their own but also battle his own faith and wonder does God really want to completely destroy mankind or just start it over again.



Now I can tell you right now that while I may be catholic, I am not a biblical scholar. But one thing I do know is not like the biblical story from the bible that I read and somewhat remember. While there are some things from the bible in this story but not to many. I don't remember giant rock like creatures who were fallen angels known as watchers in the bible. I also kind remember that his sons had wives in the biblical story and I don't think there was a army trying to seize the ark. But this is a Hollywood interpretation so you would expect it to be a little different. I found this movie to be overly long and drawn out, while the story did have promise and looked good from the previews it kind of fell flat in the end.With a story that seems so simple it was made so complicated and somewhat confusing. Not one of Russell Crowes best performances but not his worst, i would say the best performances were done by Emma Watson and Anthony Hopkins. This why I am giving this movie a 6.5 on the JustinScale of Movies and putting it on my Flick-It pile. I literally couldn't wait for this movie to end so I could leave. Not an overly strong movie in my humble opinion my friends. So that does it I guess until next time Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing I will see you all again at the movies. And that's a wrap for this week!


Comments