Spending 12 Years A Slave For My DVD Pick

Good day my friends it has been a little while since I put out a DVD pick for you all but I felt it was time. You see while I am still committed to doing the weekly movie review I have let this feature that I used to do go by the way side. So ultimately I decided to only do one unless i really felt the movie was something that I felt was worthy of seeing. And that is why I am here today writing this because I just watched a exceptionally great movie. That movie is 12 Years A Slave the winner of best picture at this years Oscars. The movie stars Chiwetel Ejiofor(2012) as Solomon Northup, Michael Fassenbender( X-Men First Class) as Edwin Epps.

This movie is based on the true story of Solomon Northup an accomplished free citizen of New York. who in 1841 is kidnapped and sold into slavery. he is stripped of his identity, given a new name and stripped of his dignity. He is first sold to a man named Ford( Benedict Cumberbatch) who took good care of him. But when Solomon stands up to a plantation foreman he is sold by Ford to a ruthless plantation owner named Edwin Epps (Fassenbender) who is known for his cruelty and breaking the spirits of his slaves in order to protect Solomon from retribution from the the man he stood up to. Solomon must find the strength to survive here as witnesses and experiences the cruelty that slaves endure. And he find a way to get word to his friends up north to so that he may get back home to his family and one day again become a free man.

There is really nothing that I can say about this movie that is bad. It is an exceptionally well written, acted and directed movie. This movie fully deserved the Best Picture win it got at the Oscars. Never have I seen such a movie. The story of Solomon Northup really touched my heart, his story kept me enthralled. This movie showed an unflinching account of slavery in American history that at times was hard to watch and made you think about all that slaves went through.This is why I have chosen this movie as my DVD pick. If you haven't seen it yet I fully recommend that you do immediately! This movie was exceptional from beginning to ending and is one that you should not miss watching my friends.

So that is my DVD pick my friends I really hope you watch it as I am giving this movie a 9.0 on the Justin Scale of movies. One of the highest ratings that i have given to a movie. And with that being said it is time to call it a wrap here but be sure to chaco out all my other reviews and to stay tuned for my latest new theatre release review later on this coming week. Until than Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing. I will see you all again at the movies.

Comments