Are You Divergent?

Good day my friends hope you are all doing well this day. Hopefully you are not going into withdrawals from there not being a movie review last week. My apologies for that I had other projects i was working on. But now that was last week and this is now. So I bet you can tell by the title of this post on what movie we are reviewing this week. Yup that's right we are taking a look at the movie Divergent which is based on the best selling book by Veronica Roth. This movie stars Shailene Woodley(The Descendants) as Tris, Theo James(Underworld:Awakening) as Four and Kate Winslet( Titanic) as Jeanine.Well we already know that this movie was number one recently at the box office taking in $56.4 million and two more movies are already in pre-production Insurgent scheduled for a 2015 release and Allegiant in 2016. But first let us take a look at the first movie here and se what it is all about shall we? Good are you ready? Than let us go and get the details on Divergent.



In the distant future years after a great war in the city of Chicago with a giant wall around it, society is divided into 5 different factions which were were formed at the beginning of the great peace to keep the peace. These factions are Abnegation( the selfless),Erudite(the intelligent),Dauntless(the brave),Amity(the peaceful) and Candor(the Honest).On an appointed day of every year sixteen year olds must choose the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives with after taking a placement test which tells them where they are best suited for. On this day Tris( Woodley)is nervous for her test and what she finds out from her placement test is that she is Divergent which means she doesn't fit into any group and is in danger as Divergents are considered dangerous and means certain death.Instead of choosing to stay in her own faction Abnegation she chooses to go into Dauntless who are the protectors of society.She must go through extreme physical and psychological tests to become part of Dauntless all the while keeping her secret that she is Divergent. As she struggles at first to make the cut she earns the respect of Four( James) a team leader one of best in Dauntless and just makes it into the second round of testing. But she and Four discover a secret plot by the Eurdite to over throw the government run by the Abnegation. As she struggles to keep her secret as well it could be the one thing that can save her and those she cares about.




Well I have to be honest my friends I have never read any of these books so at first when I was watching this movie I was a little confused for a short while. But it didn't take me long to catch on here. I found the story interesting and original. The movie did start of a little slow at first but it did start to pick up as it went on. I didn't find it overly strong but it did have it's high points. now I know there are a lot of fans of the books out there and would wonder what they thought of the movieOne thing that I did find was that the acting was not overly strong in this movie and could have been a bit better. All in all a decent movie but in my opinion was really nothing special.


So with all this being said I have to give you my final rating on this movie . Over the course of writing this movie review I was just trying to decide on what to give this movie. Now while it did have it's good points and the story was somewhat interesting. I am going to have to give this movie a 6.9 on The Justin Scale of movies. which puts it into my Flick-It pile. I am sorry but in the end I just did not find this movie all that interesting.

By the clock on the wall and the paragraph before it i see that it is time to call it a wrap on this latest movie review here. So until next time my friends Good morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing. I will see you all again at the movies.

Comments