Searching For The Lone Survivor


Hello my friends! Well it has been quite some time since I did a review for you all. Bet you think that I forgot about you all. But I didn't in fact I was in search of someone to actually give me a hand with being able to get more reviews out to you all. But that's a different story for a different post. This is a return review my friends, yes I am back and back for good! Now I know that I periodically take small breaks here and there and usually in December I take a big long one and get back into the thick of things. So it is time to give you what you came here for and that is a movie review. And to kick off the month of January we are going to be reviewing the war movie Lone Survivor  based on the failed June 28th 2005 mission "Operation Red Wings".  The movie stars Mark Wahlberg(Pain And Gain) as Marcus Luttrell, Taylor Kitsch(Savages) as Michael Murphy,Ben Foster( 3:10 To Yuma) as Matt "Axe" Axelson, Emile Hirsch( The Girl Next Door) as Danny Dietz and Eric Bana(Troy) as Erik Kristensen. So lets not wait any longer here and get this movie started shall we after all the lights have gone down the show is about to start.


On June 28th 2005 four Navy Seals from SEAL Team 10 Marcus Luttrell(Wahlberg),Michael Murphy(Kitsch), Matt "Axe" Axelson(Foster) and Danny Dietz(Hirsch) are sent into the mountains of Afghanistan. Their mission is to capture or kill the notorious Taliban leader Ahmad Shahd. With their mission plan all set out they trek down the mountainside and communicating with the mission control and their commander Erik Kristensen(Bana). Not having a good view of the village they are supposed to looking for Shahd in they move to a different location to get a better view and spot their target. with their coms not working properly and being in a spot where they could be spotted easily by the enemy they move. But when they move they realize that they still cannot get comms working and to make matters worse they are stumbled upon by some goat herders who they take captive . They make the decision to let them go as they now must use their non-secure satellite phone to communicate with their home base to get them out as the mission is now compromised. But when they let the let their prisoners go one of the men they had let go tells the Taliban army of their location and the four Navy SEALS  must fight to survive against insurmountable odds until they get can get rescued.



Well that sounds like quite the movie and believe me it is even better seeing it too. And there is more to the plot but I don't want to give away too much of the story to you all, than what would you see if you choose to see this movie my friends! Well we better get on with what I thought of this movie because the show is almost over  here. This was a well written movie based on these true events that had some great performances by the actors involved. It seemed to flow at a decent pace and while there were some parts that seemed a bit slow at first it all weaved into the story nicely. All in all a pretty decent movie folks.
So the credits are rollings here and I guess we should get to the part that you all are waiting here for and that is my final rating and decision on this movie. You know this time it didn't take me long to come to a decision and rating on this movie. For the movie Lone Survivor I am Going to be giving it a 7.6 on The Justin Scale Of Movies as this was a pretty good story of true events told on the big screen. That rating my friends can only mean one thing and yes you guessed it I am making this movie one of my Pick-It movies to go and check out at the theatre especially if you enjoy true stories and  or war movies than you will really like this one.

Oh my will you look at that clock on the wall it is time to call it a wrap on this latest movie review. I must say that I did miss this and the break seemed to help me out. So until next time my friends which who are we all kidding is going to be next week. I say this to you all as always Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing.


Comments