I Frankenstein Man Or Monster

Good day my friends hope you are all well this day. Hope the winter blues aren't getting you down, but I do now one way to beat those blues! No it's not taking a warm vacation somewhere, all though with all the cold weather we've had lately that wouldn't be a bad idea at all. But that is not what I am talking about. The way I am talking about beating the winter blues is short escape, whether it be 2hrs,3hrs or an hour and a half this kind of escape is just what I would say is a decent way of beating the winter blues. You see I am talking about going to a movie, but what movie do you go and see well that is what I am here for. To be your guide and help you pick out a good movie to see, so that you don't feel like you have wasted your money.Well for this week I am going to be reviewing the supernatural  action/fantasy called I Frankenstein. This movie stars Aaron Eckhart( The Dark Knight) as Adam. Well let us sit back and watch as the light ago down in the theatre to see if this movie is a good choice or not.



Dr.Victor Frankenstein manages to do the impossible and that is to create life. But seeing that his creation is an abomination he attempts to destroy it but his creature lives and returns for vengeance by killing Frankensteins wife in return for Victor attempt to kill him. Victor hunts down his creation in an attempt to kill him but freezes to death in the far north before the could find him. His creation takes Victor back to his families cemetery in an attempt to bury him. But before he can finish the job Frankensteins  monster is attacked by demons who want to take him alive to their leader and demon prince Naberius ( Bill Nighy). He is saved by some gargoyles but not before he kills one of the demons himself.Taken to the gargoyles home base the creature meets the gargoyle queen Lenore(Miranda Otto) who sees potential in Frankensteins creation and even gives him the name Adam. Adam(Eckhart) is told that he is now part of a centuries old war between the gargoyles who were created by the archangels to protect mankind from the demon legions that roam the earth. Telling Adam that he would be safer with them than on his own as they do not know what the demons want with him. Adam leaves on his own with some weapons given to him by the gargoyles but what Adam doesn't know is that the gargoyles have found and safely hidden his fathers journal to protect it from getting into the hands of the demons. Two hundred years go by and Adam on on the run from  Naberius and his demon army decides to start hunting the demons instead of running from them. His journey to find Naberius and destroy him eventually lead him back to the home of the gargoyles.It seems the demons have not given up looking for him  and when their queen is taken hostage by the demons who want Adam in exchange  for her. They instead give them Frankensteins journal instead and Adam now takes it upon himself to get the journal back. As he does he finds out more about himself and finds out what Naberius wants with him and his fathers research. And it is up to him to stop Naberius before he succeeds in is plan that could end the gargoyle clan and humanity forever.




Well that sounds like it might have the potential to be a decent movie doesn't it. So I guess we should just go ahead and see if it really is because if it one thing I have learned and that is that appearances can be deceiving. Where do I start with this movie, hmmmm? You know what this part isn't going to take me very long. The reason I say that is because while this movie did have an interesting plot line in the end it just seemed a little to heavy on the social effects and not enough on good dialogue, character development and story.Yeah this movie was pretty weak all over from the acting which was sub par, the story which seemed rushed and made me lose interest part way through the movie and had some weak dialogue. This movie could have had the potential to be better, but to be honest it just fell flat, it was really quite deceiving from the previews I had seen for it as it seemed different and original.


So the movie is almost over my friends and I guess we should go right away but not until we do a few things first. And they are well first we wait till the movie is done and the second is to give you my final rating on this movie. After seeing tis movie and thinking about it long and hard in the process of writing this review I have come to my final decision on this movie. My decision is this for the movie I Frankenstein I am going it a 5. 4 on The Justin scale of movies and putting it where it deserves to be and that is in my Flick-It pile. This movie would be better suited for you to wait until it comes on dvd to watch, not an overly strong movie to watch and keep your interest in the theatre.

I see the credits are starting to roll here, so I guess that this movie is over. Well with the movie being over it also means that it is time for us to leave the theatre and call it a wrap on this latest review.So until next time my friends Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing.

Comments