Anchorman 2 The Legend Continues To Give Us All The News

Good day my friends well it has been a while since I did one of these things and while I have been absent from my duties of giving you the occasional movie review I have not forgotten about you. In fact I was just finding it hard to be motivated to write one but I have realized that I do have some loyal readers out there who enjoy reading my blog. So I have gotten my but back in gear and returned here today in hopes that I can still give you a good movie review that you would enjoy.Now without any other further ado I give you my choice for the first review of the month of December. This month I start you out with the review of the further adventures of Ron Burgundy. That's right! I am reviewing this weeks #1 movie at the box office Anchorman 2 The Legend Continues. The movie stars Will Ferrell(Step Brothers) as Ron Burgundy and also returning from the first movie are David Koechner(Get Smart)as Champ Kind, Paul Rudd(This Is 40) as Brian Fantana, Steve Carell(Despicable Me) as Brick Tamland and Christina Applegate( Married With Children) as Ron's wife Veronica Corningstone. Plus this movie has tons of other big names making cameos. So the news is in progress so let us turn it on and give it a watch.



Well a lot has happened to Ron Burgundy( Ferrell) since the first movie and he is now living and working with his wife Veronica(Applegate)  in New York. The newsman's dream place to work,the big time! Well while everything seems to be going good for Ron things change one day when his wife is promoted and he is fired. His massive ego hurt Ron tells his wife that she must choose between her new job and him. Well she chooses this great new opportunity which causes the two to separate. Some time goes by and Ron has hit rock bottom being drunk most of the time and announcing acts at Sea World back in San Diego. And after being fired from his job there for his drunken actions Ron fails at an attempt to kill himself. But this failed attempt was stroke of good lucks he is approached to work for the first ever  24 hr news channel starting up in NewYork. Ron accepts and quickly goes to reassemble his news team Champ Kind(Koechner), Brian Fantana(Rudd) and Brick Tamland(Carell) all who have gone on to different things in life. But the team is brought back together and head to New York and find themselves working some of the best news people which includes Jack Lime(James Marsden) who has the primetime slot while Ron and his team have the graveyard shift.Ron uses this new opportunity to patch things up with his wife, but finds that his wife has moved on. Having a difference of opinion towards one another Ron and Jack make a bet that if Ron and his team beat Jacks in the ratings than Ron would quit and leave New York. Well Ron comes up with a new way of doing the news by giving the people the news they want to hear which scores big in the ratings and soon makes him a big star. This draws the attention to his female producer who is quite attracted to success and begins a relationship with Ron. But as Ron's success grows so does his ego and starts to alienate his friends/news team and his own son Walter. And just as he climbed so high, he eventually falls literally and loses his eyesight. But this helps him to reconnect with his wife and son , but eventually finds that he can get his sight back through surgery enabling him to return to his career. But as he gets his sight back he is torn between his career and stardom and his new found closeness with his family.


Well that sounds like quite the movie and let me tell you there is so much more but I don't want to ruin it for you. So I will just tell you what I thought of this latest piece of comedy from Will Ferrell. You see I found this movie really funny with the usual craziness that you would find coming from the mind of Ferrell and company. It was well written with some great jokes and poking fun at the way the news industry has become. The supporting cast were great and the addition of some big names with some smaller roles and cameos really helped this movie. But all in all I found this movie entertaining and funny. A real good time at the movies if all you are looking for to just laugh and silly comedy.


So the movie is almost done so I guess we better get to the final rating of Anchorman 2. And after taking a few days to think about it as I did see this movie on Thursday night. I have come up with my decision on what it should get. You see I have decided that Anchorman 2 The Legend Continues gets the rating of 7.5 on the Justin Scale Of Movies. That's pretty good for a comedy as comedies are really hard to grade. But this movie made me laugh and was fun to watch. So with this rating it puts this movie in my Pick-It pile of movies to go and check out at the theatre.

Well the lights have come up and people are starting to walk out of the theatre so I guess we better call it a wrap on this weeks review. So my friends Good Morning , Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing. I will see you all again at the movies! :)

Comments