2 Guns,Despicable Me 2 & Grown Ups 2 All In One Quick Review


Well hello my friends its been a little while since my last review and while I have been to the theatre I just didn't have much time to write a review on them until now. But unlike all my previous reviews where I give you one big long write up on the movie, what it's about , my synopsis, rating and send off I thought I would try something different just to see how it would go and if you would like it. I thought that I should make it a little more simple  and straight to the point because after all it's supposed to be a review not a novel that I am writing here. So without further ado I will tell you which movie or in this case movies that we are looking at here. We are looking at 3 movies here 2 Guns starring Mark Wahlberg( The Italian Job) and Denzel Washington(American Gangster), Despicable Me 2 starring Steve Carrell ( 40 Year Old Virgin) and Grown Ups 2 starring Adam Sandler(Happy Gilmore) and friends.

Well lets take a look at the movies shall we so 2 Guns is basically about these two guys Bobby Trench(Washington) who is an undercover DEA agent and Michael Stigman( Wahlberg) who is an undercover naval intelligence officer who don't know each other is an agent have been trying to infiltrate a drug cartel. The truth about there alliance comes to light after they rob a bank supposedly containing the cartels money in order to be able to bust the cartel but instead it was the CIA's secret money. They now are being pursued by the CIA, a Mexican drug cartel and their own agencies, the two men must work together and find out who set them up. While the previews for this movie seemed like your run of the mill double cross action movie but it turned out to be so much more. It had laughs a good story line and great chemistry between Wahlberg and Washington, all in all a pretty good movie with Wahlberg pretty much stealing even scene he was in. This movie I would have to give a 7.6 on The Justin Scale a true fun time at the movies and make it one of my Pick-It movies to go and see.

Next we have the follow up to the hit animated comedy Despicable Me, Despicable Me 2. In this movie former supervillian Gru ( Carrell) is living a pretty simple life raising his 3 adopted daughters Margo , Agnes and Edith  and trying to run an honest business creating his own line of jams and jellies. But when a new supervillian steals a secret formula with mutating powers Gru is asked by The Anti-Villian League to go undercover to help find the formula and the supervillian responsible. So Gru agrees and along with a female agent named Lucy(Kristen Wiig) and his funny and loveable minions he sets out this time to save the world and be a parent while doing it. This movie was cute and funny, it constantly made you laugh throughout it. The story was enjoyable, the characters were memorable  and as in the first one the minions were the hit of the movie. A good family movie for all to see I give it a 7.8 on The Justin Scale and make it a one of my Pick -It movies to go and check out.

Finally we get to last one on my list here is Grown Ups 2 the sequel to the hit comedy from Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, David Spade and Kevin James. In this movie Lenny Feder(Sandler) moves his family back to his home town to be with his friends and their kids and a more simple life. What he gets is more kinds of crazy from an old bully, some really crazy cops, psychotic frat boys, a stoned bus driver and an insane deer. Not at all what he was expecting along with dealing with his own kids and issues at home and the things going on in his friends lives as well. But him and his friends Eric(James), Kurt(Rock) and Marcus( Spade) are all just enjoying the ride and the start to one crazy summer. I personally found this movie to be not as funny as the first one, I mean sure it had its moments but it just seems that this movie tried to hard to be funny and came across kind of bland with the some of the same old jokes we heard in the first one along with a whole bunch of new crazy characters that were not funny at all. I frankly was expecting more from this movie and walked away very disappointed. So I would have to give this movie a 5.4 on The Justin Scale and put this movie on my Flick -It pile  for movies that I would suggest you don't waist your money on.



Well there you have it my friends three quick reviews all done and wrapped up in a neat little package. With that being said it is time to call it a wrap on this latest instalment of Pick-It Or Flick-It. So until next time my friends Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good evening and as always Good Viewing O will see you all again at the movies.

Comments