Enter The Wolverine

Good day my friends well the month of July is almost over but there is still lots of movies to review that are coming out and that's what I am here for. I am here to give you my personal thoughts on what I think about some the newest releases to the theater. And with the month if August right around the corner in fact it is already August tomorrow so I better hurry up and finish this review before the calendar switches and I start my holidays at my full time job. So I bet you are waiting for me to tell you what movie I am reviewing this week and you don't have to wait much longer because I am going to tell you right now. This week we are taking a look at the latest movie in the X-Men franchise known as The Wolverine which brings back Hugh Jackman( X-Men, The Prestige) as Logan the superhero otherwise known as The Wolverine. Now our ticket has been purchased, the snacks have been bought and we have our seat all picked out with the show about to start. Let us see just how this movie fairs along with the other X-Men movies.


It has been awhile since the events of X-Men 3: The Last Stand and Logan( Jackman) aka The Wolverine has been living a life of solitude up in the Yukon haunted by the memories of his past and the guilt of killing Jean Grey. But his past is about to come back looking for him as a man named  wealthy Japanese buisnessman named Yashida has sent a  mutant with the ability to see peoples deaths named Yukio to find Logan. Yashida is dying and he wants to thank Logan  for saving his life back in WWII when the atomic bomb was dropped on Nagasaki and wishes to see him one last time. Logan reluctantly agrees to go to Japan to pay his respects to an old friend. What Logan walks into is a situation where Yashida and his family are targets of the Yakuza especially his granddaughter Mariko who stands to inherit her grandfathers entire buisness empire. Also Logan finds out that Yashida wants to thank him by taking Logans healing abilities and transferring them to himself so that Logan can grow old and live a normal life. Logan rejects the offer telling Yashida that he would not wish to subject anyone to living the exhistance he has lived. Than in the middle of the night Yashida dies suddenly and a mutant known The Viper has also done something to Logan. What she has doen he does not know until Yashida's funeral where the Yakuza attack and try to kidnap Mariko and he is shot and does not heal like usually does. Hurt and not healing Logan attempts to protect Mariko and  find out why she is in danger , what happened to his powers and who is behind it all.



Well this sounds like a pretty action packed movie , I mean I like a good superhero movie and am usually not disappointed by the X-men movies. So withthe movie almost over I will have to tell you what I really thought about this movie my friends. Personally I thought the story was okay, not entirely over the top fantastic but still pretty decent. The aspect of a distraught and wounded Wolverine was a good plot point in this movie. The supporting characters could have been a little bit stronger along with the main villian but it did seem to pull off some good scenes. The action was scenes were well done  and I really enjoyed the fight on top of the bullet train. All in all not one of the strongest X-Men movies but it was good and definetly pulled off a enjoyable movie.

So this movie is pretty much finished and that means I better give you my final rating on this movie. Here goes than, for the movie The Wolverine I have to admit I saw on Friday night so it took me a while to make up my mind on what I am giving it. But after a few days of thinking I finally came up with this. The rating I give The Wolverine on The Justin Scale Of Movies would have to be a 7.0 which means it is still good enough to get the Pick-It stamp of approval to go and spend your hard earned money on to see it in the theatres.

Well the credits are rolling and we are about to leave the theater and that also means that it is time to call it a wrap on another movie review my friends. Until next time my friends, faithful readers and any new readers to this blog page I bid you farewell for now. As always though Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing I will see you all agin at the movies.

Comments