What To Do After Earth

Well, well, well my friends now I know what i said last week that I was going to have back to back review days and I apologize for not doing that.But what I do have is a movie review this week for you all. For this latest movie review we are going out in to space in the future, no I already did a review on Star Trek thank you very much. No this week we look at the latest movie from director M. Night Shyamalan( The 6th Sense) called After Earth, who also co-wrote this movie as well. This movie stars Will Smith( Independence Day) as Cypher Raige and Jaden Smith( The Karate Kid) as Kitai Raige. This movie was also produced by Will Smith as well, so what do you say lets take a journey into the future shall we and explore the movie After Earth to see if it worth travelling to.


In the future mankind has destroyed the Earth and are forced to leave the planet behind, for this purpose   The Ranger Corps has been created to help guide the surviving population of Earth to its new home. But while on its new home the Rangers are needed again to help fight off mankind's extinction from an alien race known as Ursa's that can smell human fear. To fight off the aliens the Rangers must use technique known as ghosting in which they must show no fear as to not give off any pheromones and be invisible to the creatures. From all of this comes Cypher Raige ( Smith) one of the greatest Rangers there is, a man who is a legend in battle. But time has passed and Cypher now a general has decided to retire after a routine training mission.  He takes his son Kitai( Jaden Smith) along who wants nothing more than to win favour in his fathers eyes and prove to him that he is ready to make the jump from cadet to Ranger a task that he was denied at the academy.But while on the mission their ship is caught in a asteroid storm and the ship is damaged. With no chance of getting to their original destination an alternate palate must be found to land on and what is found is a class1 quarantined planet which happens to be Earth. While on entry to the planet the ship having sustained severe damage breaks apart killing everyone on board except for the general and his son . But Cypher is badly injured and his son is the only hope in getting to the tail section of the ship 100 kilometers away to press the homing beacon so that they might get rescued. But along the way Kitai must deal with the fluctuating temperatures on the planet , the evolved animals and an Ursa which was brought along on the ship to be used on the training mission at their original destination.



So this seems like a very different type of movie from the sounds of it, well that's what I thought at first and than I watched it. You see this movie was had bad dialogue, a weak script that could have been so much more promising but failed to miss it's mark. Even the acting was really weak as well, not one Will Smith's best roles in fact I would say it is one of his worst to date and Jaden Smith was not believable at all and seemed to be overacting at times. The idea of this movie movie seemed promising and the trailer looked interesting but other than that this movie was quite honestly a really bad movie, I kept sitting there in the theatre saying to myself "when is this movie going to end " and it was not that long of a movie my friends . Quite frankly I really have nothing positive to say at all about this movie.

I guess our trip is almost done here and right on time because my popcorn is finished and the credits will soon be rolling so I guess we better give our rating on this movie. When it comes to this movie I would have to give it a 4.3 on the Justin Scale of movies my friends. This is not a good side of the scale to be on in fact because this puts you on my other pile and that is a pile no movie wants to be on  and that is the Flick-It pile. Yes this movie most certainly deserves to be on this pile it was not very entertaining and was not worth my time or my hard earned dollars to spend on it and it is not worth yours either.

There you have it the lights have come up, our movie snacks are done and people are leaving the theatre. This can only mean one thing  and that is that it's time to call it a wrap on this latest movie review. So as always my friends Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing I will See you all again at the movies. :)

Comments