Now You See Me More Than Just An Illusion

Good day my friends I am back, but wait it's not Tuesday! I must be crazy two reviews in two straight days, well I guess I am. That's just me doing what I love and that is going to the movies, well one of my favourite things. When it comes down to it though I would always have to pick helping out my friends or family over anything, that's just the type of guy I am. I am a man who lives by the rule of say what you mean and do your best to try and be there for those you care about. A sort of code you might say, a gentleman's code to be precise one that keeps no secrets. That is why I am back for a second straight night because I realized that I have been not been here for you and have kind of been neglecting my promise to bring you fair and honest movie reviews. So without further ado I present to you all my second review in two days.Today I bring to you the crime thriller Now You See Me starring Woody Harrelson( The Hunger Games) as Merritt McKinney, Mark Ruffalo( The Avengers) as Dylan Rhodes, Jessie Eisenberg( The Social Network) as J.Daniel Atlas, Isla Fisher( Wedding Crashers) as Henley Reeves, Dave Franco( 21 Jump Street) as Jack Wilder, Morgan Freeman( Batman Begins) as Thaddeus Bradley and Michael Cane( The Prestige) as Arthur Tressler. The popcorn is bought and we have our seats lets take a look at this movie from director Louis Leterrier ( The Transporter) and see if it real or just an illusion.




Four separate street magicians J. Daniel Atlas(Eisenberg) an illusionist, a mentalist Merritt McKinney( Harrelson), a slide of hand guy Jack Wilder(Franco) and an escape artist Henley Reeves(Fisher) are all brought together by a mysterious figure. A year later they are one of the hottest magical acts in the country known as The Four Horsemen and are now  playing a show in Las Vegas financed by Arthur Tressler( Caine) a wealthy businessman. But when their latest trick of robbing a bank in France turns out to be real they are suddenly on the top of the FBI's radar and one of it's best agents Dylan Rhodes(Ruffalo) and are brought in for questioning but released. But also on the their trail is Thaddeus Bradley(Freeman) a former magician who found it more profitable to debunk the tricks by magicians and expose them as frauds. Determined to catch and prove that The Four Horsemen are guilty Dylan follows them to New Orleans along with Interpol agent Alma Dray( Melanie Laurent) who was sent to help with the investigation after the bank robbery. What the FBI doesn't know is that the magicians are ready for them and this time they are not robbing a bank but their benefactor Arthur Tressler but just as in their last robbery they are not keeping the money but giving it to the people in the audience. Once again the FBI is made to look foolish as the horsemen make a daring and fantastic escape. Just when the trail seems cold on how to find the horsemen they suddenly have a lead that takes them to NewYork. But just as it seems that Dylan Rhodes has them corned and on the verge of catching them they escape and the plans for their final part of their trick are played out as FBI closes in.


Oh excuse me I am so sorry! I was totally caught up in this movie, well that and I dropped my wallet on the floor of the theatre and was worried I lost it but no worries I found it. So I guess we can get on with rest of my review and here it goes my friends. I found that this movie was good from beginning to end it really flowed well, you never seemed to lose interest in it. It was full of twists and turns that kept you guessing almost like a Christopher Nolan movie. The Actors all worked well together and it showed in the final product on the screen. There was also some good timed humour in this movie to go along with twists and turns. All in all a pretty good movie that was smartly written and wonderfully directed.

Oooops! I lost track of time the movie is almost done the credits will be rolling soon so I guess we better get on with my rating. Now I know it seems that I tend to like a lot of movies that's not entirely true there have been some that I didn't like and I always rate my movies by these simple rules, did I like the story, was I not bored watching it, was the acting good and most importantly was I entertained. Well this movie fulfilled all my required criteria and so I give Now You See Me a 7.4 on The Justin Scale. Which puts this movie on my Pick-It shelf, it is definitely worth your time and spending your hard earned money on!

It seems that time has come again my friends, time for the movie to end and we know it as people are leaving the theatre and the lights are coming up. This means that it is time to call it a wrap on this latest movie review. As always my friends Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing! I will see you all again at the movies.  :)

Comments